Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching Kurt Warner a football life

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Keep fishing babe. I already told you that I'm not biting.
    In other words, you have no rebuttal and are just resorting to condescending comments like calling other posters "babe".

That's pretty pathetic.

2004 Giants with Warner: .......5 wins 4 losses
    2004 Giants with Manning:.... 1 win 6 losses.
    He was also a rookie with a selfish Tiki Barber as the Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    He was also a rookie with a selfish Tiki Barber as the Captain
    Another case of revisionist history.
    Tiki was a great security blanket for Eli, early in his career. His presence contributed greatly to Eli's development.

Tiki's nonsense with Eli came after he retired.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Not a classy guy. He did some nice stuff with the Rams but I've got no use for him.
    It's not an opinion, it's a vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    I dunno... something like that would go against his faith, wouldn't it? Isn't he deeply religious?

He's paid for his opinions so he'll express them whenever he gets a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    Kurt only answered a question when asked... I don't think he goes around trying to instigate anti-Eli sentiments wherever he goes, unlike someone else we all know...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Banned
    Another case of revisionist history.
    Tiki was a great security blanket for Eli, early in his career. His presence contributed greatly to Eli's development.

Tiki's nonsense with Eli came after he retired.
    Actually, I would think Tiki's nonsense that first annoyed Eli was his retirement announcement mid season. Eli Manning mentions it in an interview where a reporter asks him about Tiki's comments.

Banned
    Just because someone voices their opinion that Eli is not making the HOF, that doesn't mean they hate or have a vendetta against him. Kurt Warner is an analyst and I don't recall him ever saying anything derogatory about Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by blueribbon View Post
    Rumor has it that Kurt's Warners wife is really Alice from the Brady Brunch.

Attachment 482

LMAO!!!
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Just because someone voices their opinion that Eli is not making the HOF, that doesn't mean they hate or have a vendetta against him. Kurt Warner is an analyst and I don't recall him ever saying anything derogatory about Eli.
    I agree.

And just to put things in perspective.... Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning all came away empty this year.

I think Eli is a great QB, and I think the whole "elite" thing has just been beaten into the ground by fans and analysts.....but I look at the supposed "elite" QBs, and they all fell short this season.

So much has to go right, starting with blocking. The reason why Kapernick and RG3 looked so promising had a ton to do with their coaches and their offensive lines. Say what you want about Shanahan, but the guy is maybe the best coach in the business when it comes to offensive lines and ground attacks. And the 49ers invested heavily in their offensive line over the past few drafts, and it's paying off. Everyone talks about the 49er defense, but I think the strength in that team rests on the offensive line. The reason the 49ers beat the Packers had everything to do with that. If Aaron Rodgers could play behind that wall, the Packers would be unstoppable.

I remember when Kurt was playing for the Giants.....he held the ball too long for the offensive line and scheme he was playing in. After Eli took over, the sacks dropped dramatically.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Closed Thread