+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rank CB's we could draft first day

Milliner will be gone unless something crazy happens so out of Jonathan Banks, Xavier Rhodes Desmond Trufant, Jordan Poyer, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, David Amerson, Logan Ryan. What would your rankings for these CB's?

1. Desmond Trufant (smaller than Banks and Rhodes but very quick and great character)
    2. Jonathan Banks (big CB played in SEC so has played good competion solid player)
    3. Xavier Rhodes (looks like a good tackler and big but I dont know about his quickness or all around coverage skills)
    4. Jordan Poyer (smaller like Trufant but straight up play maker. Kind of a bigger Honey badger)
    5.Blidi Wreh-Wilson (bigger CB great attitude to him has played long so a lot of potential)
    6. David Amerson (bigger than Ryan with more picks. Haven't seen a whole lot on either though)
    7. Logan Ryan ( looks to be a nice player dont really know much about him so my rank on him could be off compared to others)

I think they all are day 1 picks and all could help us but that is my personal rank of them I know you guys might think I am crazy for having Trufant #1 I would like to see your ranks and reasons why they are ranked there.

CB is actually pretty top-heavy... Ryan is currently ranked 17th in the CB class according to the stats NFL.com has, although i'm sure that's subject to changedue to his raw physical capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I really like Poyer, Trufant, Taylor, Rhodes, Ryan, McFadden, and Slay personally... I'd be happy with any of those guys in the 2nd-3rd range...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I really like Poyer, Trufant, Taylor, Rhodes, Ryan, McFadden, and Slay personally... I'd be happy with any of those guys in the 2nd-3rd range...
    Some mocks have us taking Jamar Taylor in the 3rd. This guy is a potential steal I love his coverage skills and on top of that he's been a four year starter so there's a lot to scout on. His forty time will determine if he's mid second round or third round potential.

Rhodes is still my guy though lol. His coverage and athlecism, seen the job he did on Michael floyd one on one last season. He plays tight coverage, reminds me of a more athletic Prince.

There are a ton of sick CB's this year. I am happy because usually the draft has a ton of stud WR's and a few solid CB's this year there are like 10+ solid CB's

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I like the fact you didn't mention Banks. He's not a physical CB and get run over a lot.

banks or rhodes day 1....I feel like most people are not a big fan of banks..except me of course.....This draft is deep at the cb spot so we dont need to take one round one necessarily.

Got this from Draft Count Down; seemed like a pretty reasonable place to start

1. Dee Milliner Alabama 6-1 199 4.50
    2. Johnthan Banks Mississippi St. 6-2 185 4.50
    3. Desmond Trufant Washington 6-0 186 4.45
    4. Jordan Poyer Oregon St. 6-0 190 4.55
    5. Robert Alford Southeastern Louisiana 6-0 185 4.45
    6. Xavier Rhodes Florida St. 6-2 217 4.55
    7. Logan Ryan Rutgers 6-0 190 4.50
    8. Blidi Wreh-Wilson Connecticut 6-2 190 4.42
    9. David Amerson North Carolina St. 6-3 194 4.50
    10. Will Davis Utah St. 6-0 186 4.55
    11. Jamar Taylor Boise St. 5-11 196 4.41
    12. Leon McFadden San Diego St. 5-10 190 4.50