+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,532
    Banks could be a star but I feel like he is not physical enough. He has the height and if he gained a little more muscle he could be a really good CB I like Rhodes and Trufants tackling ability. I am interested to see how they perform at the combine. I really would like to get a CB who can go alongside Prince for years to come. That is if Prince can stay healthy..

  2. #12
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Some mocks have us taking Jamar Taylor in the 3rd. This guy is a potential steal I love his coverage skills and on top of that he's been a four year starter so there's a lot to scout on. His forty time will determine if he's mid second round or third round potential.
    agreed, his physicality and cover skills are what intrigue me as well... I'm very intrested in his 40 time as well..

  3. #13
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,369
    I've come to the conclusion there is no CB worth the pick at 19. Millner is the only one but will be long gone.

    2nd round should have some really good CBs though.

  4. #14
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    32,003
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've come to the conclusion there is no CB worth the pick at 19. Millner is the only one but will be long gone.

    2nd round should have some really good CBs though.
    theres alot 2nd right through 4th really.. Guys like Leon McFadden, Taylor, Slay, Hyde, Byndom, Alford, all come to mind...

  5. #15
    Veteran Mlerman17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Binghamton/L.I., NY
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Banks could be a star but I feel like he is not physical enough. He has the height and if he gained a little more muscle he could be a really good CB I like Rhodes and Trufants tackling ability. I am interested to see how they perform at the combine. I really would like to get a CB who can go alongside Prince for years to come. That is if Prince can stay healthy..
    I disagree..I think banks is aggressive and physical. He was used as a blitzer frequently and forces fumbles/lays the wood well for a cornerback. He wasn't asked to press much at miss state so he is primarily an off cov corner, but I think with some added weight he can become a good press corner. Then maybe we can finally transition to more 2 man coverage with prince on the other side.


  6. #16
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I disagree..I think banks is aggressive and physical. He was used as a blitzer frequently and forces fumbles/lays the wood well for a cornerback. He wasn't asked to press much at miss state so he is primarily an off cov corner, but I think with some added weight he can become a good press corner. Then maybe we can finally transition to more 2 man coverage with prince on the other side.
    Well my opinion was only based off of clips and his tackling seemed weak. He could be a animal with his size. He looks like he has good hands so if he can get good at pressing he could be lockdown

  7. #17
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,464
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Banks could be a star but I feel like he is not physical enough. He has the height and if he gained a little more muscle he could be a really good CB I like Rhodes and Trufants tackling ability. I am interested to see how they perform at the combine. I really would like to get a CB who can go alongside Prince for years to come. That is if Prince can stay healthy..
    Rhodes (from the film I've seen) is the worst tackler I've seen from the names mentioned. He just happens to be the best cover corner of all the names which is why I prefer him for the Giants.... but I really don't like what I've seen from him regarding run support or physicality. I'd take Banks every time if it were up to physicality. Banks gets his nose dirty and doesn't shy away from contact.

  8. #18
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,702
    I think after milliner and banks there is a pretty good drop off in talent.

  9. #19
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    9,070
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think after milliner and banks there is a pretty good drop off in talent.
    really? I like Rhodes and Trufant.. just as much as Banks

  10. #20
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    really? I like Rhodes and Trufant.. just as much as Banks
    as far as what I see, and considering they possess the entire package and are ready to start immediately, yes. he reminds me of patrick peterson.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts