+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banks could be a star but I feel like he is not physical enough. He has the height and if he gained a little more muscle he could be a really good CB I like Rhodes and Trufants tackling ability. I am interested to see how they perform at the combine. I really would like to get a CB who can go alongside Prince for years to come. That is if Prince can stay healthy..

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Some mocks have us taking Jamar Taylor in the 3rd. This guy is a potential steal I love his coverage skills and on top of that he's been a four year starter so there's a lot to scout on. His forty time will determine if he's mid second round or third round potential.
    agreed, his physicality and cover skills are what intrigue me as well... I'm very intrested in his 40 time as well..

I've come to the conclusion there is no CB worth the pick at 19. Millner is the only one but will be long gone.

2nd round should have some really good CBs though.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've come to the conclusion there is no CB worth the pick at 19. Millner is the only one but will be long gone.

2nd round should have some really good CBs though.
    theres alot 2nd right through 4th really.. Guys like Leon McFadden, Taylor, Slay, Hyde, Byndom, Alford, all come to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Banks could be a star but I feel like he is not physical enough. He has the height and if he gained a little more muscle he could be a really good CB I like Rhodes and Trufants tackling ability. I am interested to see how they perform at the combine. I really would like to get a CB who can go alongside Prince for years to come. That is if Prince can stay healthy..
    I disagree..I think banks is aggressive and physical. He was used as a blitzer frequently and forces fumbles/lays the wood well for a cornerback. He wasn't asked to press much at miss state so he is primarily an off cov corner, but I think with some added weight he can become a good press corner. Then maybe we can finally transition to more 2 man coverage with prince on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I disagree..I think banks is aggressive and physical. He was used as a blitzer frequently and forces fumbles/lays the wood well for a cornerback. He wasn't asked to press much at miss state so he is primarily an off cov corner, but I think with some added weight he can become a good press corner. Then maybe we can finally transition to more 2 man coverage with prince on the other side.
    Well my opinion was only based off of clips and his tackling seemed weak. He could be a animal with his size. He looks like he has good hands so if he can get good at pressing he could be lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Rhodes (from the film I've seen) is the worst tackler I've seen from the names mentioned. He just happens to be the best cover corner of all the names which is why I prefer him for the Giants.... but I really don't like what I've seen from him regarding run support or physicality. I'd take Banks every time if it were up to physicality. Banks gets his nose dirty and doesn't shy away from contact.

I think after milliner and banks there is a pretty good drop off in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think after milliner and banks there is a pretty good drop off in talent.
    really? I like Rhodes and Trufant.. just as much as Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    really? I like Rhodes and Trufant.. just as much as Banks
    as far as what I see, and considering they possess the entire package and are ready to start immediately, yes. he reminds me of patrick peterson.