+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Pre-combine MOCK

Last Pre-combine MOCK

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas: at this point, this is a little early for him but he's a guy I think would be great in our system so that wouldn't bother me. I'm also not putting OL here because I think Fluker will be the best available and between him and Okafor, I think Okafor is the safer bet.) Shariff Floyd DT UF if he's somehow still available or J Banks CB MSU other options

2. Dallas Thomas OT/G Tennessee: Big fan of his. Moves extremely well and still drives people back. Has experience at tackle and guard and to me looked good at both. (if we go OL in round 1 I say Jesse Williams DT Alabama)

3. Leon McFadden CB San Diego State: Not the tallest CB, but plays extremely smart and is a great tackler. Makes great plays in the open field. (If Logan Ryan is available, I know a lot would prefer him) If we've already gone CB and not DE, perhaps Corey Lemonier Auburn could be an option here. Not necessarily the safest pick at DE but I think his stock will go up a bit after combine. Poorly coached at Auburn but has a lot of upside)

4. Kevin Red**** ILB North Carolina: This about the time we'll probably start looking at a LB. I think Red**** has a lot of potential. If DE hasn't been addressed: Delvin Taylor South Carolina or Brandon Jenkins DE FSU (a little undersized but looked great his junior year.)

5. Michael Williams TE Alabama: Instant upgrade to the running game. Has the size and athleticism to be a decent offensive threat, but still needs to improve in that area. (other possibility: Nico Johnson LB UA)

6. Knile Davis RB Arkansas: If we can get him this late in the draft, it's an absolute steal. He was one of the top backs in the SEC when he was healthy. He recovered well from his surgery but it was an overall down year for Arkansas. He is stronger than he has ever been now.

7. Vinston Painter, OT Virginia Tech: I can't believe I can even mock him here. This guys is so underrated to me it's unbelievable. One of my sleepers in this draft. I would take him in the 6th if needed.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-22-2013 at 03:48 PM.

I'd just like to say, this mock kicks *ss.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I'd just like to say, this mock kicks *ss.
    agreed.. but not the 1st pick, we can do better

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    agreed.. but not the 1st pick, we can do better
    Possibly. We may be able to get someone with a higher grade, but you never know it's better until they strap em up in the league. I don't disagree with you though, just have a good feeling about Okafor. Won't complain with the right OL, CB or maybe DT pick. I saw another mock that had Mingo falling to us. Who do you think would be better for us, MIngo or Okafor? I never would have thought Mingo would be available to us a few weeks ago.

- also, I know to some it's blasphemy, but I would still be really happy with having Ogletree. I had him in my last mocks.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-22-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Ansah is the DE I would go with in the first

All-Pro
    NFL Network's Mike Mayock says Texas DE/OLB Alex Okafor is in the second- to third-round range.
    Okafor's value has long been debated by many. He shined this season but there are still questions as to what kind of pass-rusher he can be. Although he uses his hands well, he has to expand his pass rush repertoire. Feb 21 - 5:56 PM
    Source: Orlando Sentinel
    Mayock know his stuff..

Mayock know his stuff..
    Yes he does... I thought he was an early 2nd at the LATEST (as I mentioned, it would be early for him)... I'm also basing my mock off a personal theory that his stock will rise a bit. If there's some way we can get him in the 2nd, that would be fantastic. I just don't see that happening.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-22-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Mayock know his stuff..
    Mayock also said the Chiefs should consider Warmack or even Cooper with the 1st overall pick too so not sure his word is as solid as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    Ansah is the DE I would go with in the first
    I have him off the board by our pick. I said Floyd would be a good pick but I'm also projecting him gone. It seems like all the guys I really like will be gone by our pick and while 19 is high for Okafor, he was just the next guy I'm really high on (mostly because I didn't want to do another with Ogletree). If somehow Floyd was there, things change. I've seen mocks that have Ansah and Floyd gone in the first 10 picks (I think walterfootball has both in the top 5... crazy and Okafor at #26)
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-22-2013 at 03:49 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Mayock also said the Chiefs should consider Warmack or even Cooper with the 1st overall pick too so not sure his word is as solid as it used to be.
    I could see Warmack going as high as #4 to the Eagles.. Cooper, I don't even want at #19..

+ Reply to Thread