+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vance McDonald is making me drewl(in a good way..lol)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    What are u talking about? Vance Mcdonald 10000000pct will go before Dion Sims, that i can promise you... Hes more versatile then Sims, and more talented pass catcher then sims, and faster then sims, and was stronger in the bench press then Sims, and has longer arms then sims...etc

Just because u don't know anything about someone, dosen't make em a worse prospect then someone u do know..lol

lol, check out Vance's Game Tape, the guy has very questionable hands...Even most commentors mentioned that...He's no sure handed TE like Eiffert nor is he an Ertz. Closer to Escobar with bobble-litis loll...I go for production on the field over combine lab hype. Just look at Dontari Poe last year.

Whats up with his hands?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9dKo8E574

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    NYC, u got a prediction for his 40 time? I'll say 4.6
    A Respectable 4.69..lol j/k. Nah, i would of guessed around what he ran, as hes a 267lber.. The kids the complete package really.. Hands, moves well with ball, good size, versatile...etc What else could u want outta a TE really? I love em as a prospect! One of my fave prospects in this yrs draft, outside of really well known guys...

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    lol, check out Vance's Game Tape, the guy has very questionable hands...Even most commentors mentioned that...He's no sure handed TE like Eiffert nor is he an Ertz. Closer to Escobar with bobble-litis loll...I go for production on the field over combine lab hype. Just look at Dontari Poe last year.

Whats up with his hands?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX9dKo8E574
    Dude, u went and found a tape of his JR yr??? I said hes got very good hands, not perfect.. Did u see how versatile he was, and how he moved in the open field, and how he made yards after contact, and blocked? Also, we do have tapes of his Sr yr, which is the yr were in, if u were just a wee bit curious to how he is as a player today, and not last yr.. Don't u wonder how he went from relative obscurity to a potential 2nd rder that guys like Mayock were raving about? Who cares if he dropped a few balls as a JR? The guy plays all over the place because of his athletic ability, has awesome size, solid speed, versatile, and is a very good pass catcher, who is hard to take down and can block..

I watched Dion Sims drop 3balls in one game this past season, whats ur point? For the record, i like Dion Sims as well, just not as much as Vance McDonald... Vance is a playmaking TE, who has the body type to hold up over the middle and create crazy mismatches on LB's... This guys gonna be a beast.. Sure, he played for Rice, who needs to do wacky plays and formations from time to time, and alot of his blocking(good blocking) was in space, and not in-line, and he might need a yr before he truly starts making his mark, but his potential as a playmaking TE, who can confuse defenses and create mismatches by lining up all over the place, and make the tough catch is awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    True, but lets not make football out to be brain surgery....Bigger, faster, stronger usually wins out
    I find it funny some of the termonology they use, like it is rocket science or something.. Half the time these prospects get over analyzed for so many of the wrong reasons or for stuff that is stupid and teams pass em up because of it.. Vance McDonald can flat out play football, and i don't think its to hard to see that.. Sure, he had a pretty good combine, but u certainly didn't need that to see why hes went from perdicted 5th-6th rd pick, to some talking about as a 2nd rder now... Hes a strong, big kid, who makes plays and can line up all over the field, and hold up in the blocking dept, and would be a perfect fit with us in my opinion..

I will say, playing for Rice, and what they do on offense, it might take em a yr, before he truly hits his stride with us, and i woulden't just throw em in teh starting rotation, but because of his ability to catch and move with the football, and overall strength, i think he'd make enough of a impact as a rookie to feel excited about his future...

+ Reply to Thread