+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm hoping Johnson sneaks by cause that would be a no brainer. Fluker is a guy I'm high on cause he can come right in and be that RT the Giants need. I'm not sure though if he's worth 19th overall though....he's not as versatile as I'd like and there will likely be better overall talent.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Still want Ogletree at LB. His recent run in's with the law will make him drop to us. It's time Reese made a splash in that dept.
    Name the last first round pick the giants made that had a guy with character red flags....

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm hoping Johnson sneaks by cause that would be a no brainer. Fluker is a guy I'm high on cause he can come right in and be that RT the Giants need. I'm not sure though if he's worth 19th overall though....he's not as versatile as I'd like and there will likely be better overall talent.

Lane Johnson looked like always incredibly athletic , I would not be shocked if he frog -leaps Luke in the end . Mayock has said over and over this past weeks the talent difference between Luke and Lane isn't much or any for that matter. And speaking for my self if Lane drops all the way to 19 ( pipe dream ) and Beatty doesn't resignthen I would be crazy happy with Lane in Blue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I want Fluker.. if JR goes O-line, unless Lane Johnson is there..
    Fluker was horrible at everything today...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Name the last first round pick the giants made that had a guy with character red flags....
    hey there's a first for everything. hypothetically if he was high on the giants board before the incident and they like what he says and does at the combine, it's slightly possible. jerry loves value, BPA, and a good steal. ogeltree could be that at 19 if he is still there and LB is a position of dire need.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    fluker won't be there at 19 either
    Say whaat?

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Still want Ogletree at LB. His recent run in's with the law will make him drop to us. It's time Reese made a splash in that dept.
    It's time Reese made a splash in OL too... Beatty is proof that an early OL can do wonderful things.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-23-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    hey there's a first for everything. hypothetically if he was high on the giants board before the incident and they like what he says and does at the combine, it's slightly possible. jerry loves value, BPA, and a good steal. ogeltree could be that at 19 if he is still there and LB is a position of dire need.
    The Giants ignore LB every year yet the general consensus is that *insert random LB here* is the favorite for the first. OL I can see cause the Giants at least talk to the best OL prospects but they don't even talk about LBs.

It just seems like the Giants would like to have difference-makers at DE, CB, and WR. With Eli and our coaching staff, that's where we need our star-power to be.

Everything else is a calculated afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    hey there's a first for everything.
    its completely opposite of the way they have always drafted. we get these arguments every year that the giants will take someone with character concerns. They never do, and after the draft when they talk to the press they talk about how the guy they didnt like someone else because of their character.

Like when they took prince, they said that they loved having a DB there in the first with no character concerns, obviously talking about Jimmy Smiths issues