+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Lane Johnson looked really great at the combine. Very fast and very agile. Anyone know how long are his arms? I could see him play LT at the next level.

    Ogletree does have character concerns but he does have play making ability, could be another Patrick Willis.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Still want Ogletree at LB. His recent run in's with the law will make him drop to us. It's time Reese made a splash in that dept.
    +1

  3. #23
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,707
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Name the last first round pick the giants made that had a guy with character red flags....
    Theres plenty of teams that can say that.. Shoot, half the time its the bengals or ravens taking a guy with charecther concerns, and its not like every yr theres 30guys with major charechter concerns.. U said the same thing about the giants not taking a smallish CB, and they drafted Jayron Hosley last yr.. U only get so many Draft picks every yr... Its not like they've passed by clear cut VALUE prospects with charecther concerns.. For instance, if Ogletree somehow slipped to the 2nd rd and our pick specifically, i'd be pretty amazed if we didn't take em.. THen again, for all we know we could pick up a FA MLB, and then you would say we passed on another charechter concern player..

    They did draft Ahmad Bradshaw if u didn't remember.. 7th rd or not, theres plenty of other guys to take a shot on, if ur so against charechter concerns, but they didn't, becuase they A) needed a RB, and B) the value was and upside was good.. Theres nothing a team won't do if they think it'll help them..

    Were just fans man... I'm sure theres plenty of things about certain players that we don't know , as everything in the world these guys do wrong isn't leaked or known about..

  4. #24
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,707
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Lane Johnson looked really great at the combine. Very fast and very agile. Anyone know how long are his arms? I could see him play LT at the next level.

    Ogletree does have character concerns but he does have play making ability, could be another Patrick Willis.
    35plus i believe? Ya, if Lane Johnson fell to 19, he'd be my pick, i think.. The recent troubles of Ogletree really annoyed me, and gave Lane Johnson the nod, as my hopeful pick ahead of Ogletree.. I love the fact it gives us insurance at LT, as we can resign Beatty, and then down the line, we can keep the one whos playing best, if we can't afford both, and plug Johnson in at LT< if thats the way it worked out.. Very athletic, fast, super pass blocker, long arms..etc Hes got it all...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Theres plenty of teams that can say that.. Shoot, half the time its the bengals or ravens taking a guy with charecther concerns, and its not like every yr theres 30guys with major charechter concerns.. U said the same thing about the giants not taking a smallish CB, and they drafted Jayron Hosley last yr.. U only get so many Draft picks every yr... Its not like they've passed by clear cut VALUE prospects with charecther concerns.. For instance, if Ogletree somehow slipped to the 2nd rd and our pick specifically, i'd be pretty amazed if we didn't take em.. THen again, for all we know we could pick up a FA MLB, and then you would say we passed on another charechter concern player..

    They did draft Ahmad Bradshaw if u didn't remember.. 7th rd or not, theres plenty of other guys to take a shot on, if ur so against charechter concerns, but they didn't, becuase they A) needed a RB, and B) the value was and upside was good.. Theres nothing a team won't do if they think it'll help them..

    Were just fans man... I'm sure theres plenty of things about certain players that we don't know , as everything in the world these guys do wrong isn't leaked or known about..
    U cant compare them taking a 7th rd RB to taking a guy with character concerns in the 1st round. I dont think they would pass in the 2nd. Even Hosley failed a drug test at the combine so its possible they would still take him in the 2nd
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.

  6. #26
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,559
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Still want Ogletree at LB. His recent run in's with the law will make him drop to us. It's time Reese made a splash in that dept.
    There is no way that the Giants take a guy with previous character concerns who is dumb enough to get popped for a DUI one week before the combine. No way in hell.

  7. #27
    remember a few years ago, iirc the class with costanza? there was 3 top rated OT, and the order kinda changed throughout the whole process. on draft day, turned out the better athlete of the 3 was the more coveted one iirc NE trading up to grab 1 of the 3 they took forget his name. This class is kinda similar bc you have that group of top rated OT that kinda have diff. stand out points about their play...if Johnson falls to 19, which I doubt seeing as he cemented hes the better athlete of the top 3 OT prospects, there is ZERO chance we'd pass on him imo and thats even if we -resign beatty...

    a wild card for me is barret jones. if we could get him in the 2nd or 3rd, he could end up making the draft class for us. i know hes not the prospect of warmack and others, but hes played all 5 positions on the OL for bama for 4 yrs straight as a starter iirc and won awards for best outside OL and best interior OL...like if we could grab barrett jones from bama in the 3rd (bc he's pretty much maxed out his ceiling but imo thats still more than good enough to be a solid starter) that would free up what we could do our first 2 picks. for me, if we could somehow ensure we come away with 1 top prospect DL, 1 top prospect LB, and then Barrett Jones in the 3rd, it'd be an aces draft imo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts