+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: Linebackers

  1. #11
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Emerald Isle, N.C.
    Posts
    9,360
    Nico Johnson 6 - 3 @ 245 ran a 4.59 somewhere... Would be a nice 2nd round pick...

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    on another te'o note, reese says that the giants will consider him, or could that be code for we dont want to tip our hand on who we really like?
    I honestly would not mind this pick at all

  3. #13
    The LB i feel would make the biggest impact would be Ogletree...athletic, speed, height. Just hoping Reese doesn't pull another late round LB, like we did with Zak De Ossie, (good pick but doesn't even play LB) and Jonny Goff and the Bryan Kehl's...If teo is there in the second and ogletree is gone, he may be a tempting pick..though i like the honeybadger matthieu!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    The LB i feel would make the biggest impact would be Ogletree...athletic, speed, height. Just hoping Reese doesn't pull another late round LB, like we did with Zak De Ossie, (good pick but doesn't even play LB) and Jonny Goff and the Bryan Kehl's...If teo is there in the second and ogletree is gone, he may be a tempting pick..though i like the honeybadger matthieu!
    or he can take a guy like Sintim in the 2nd.....

  5. #15
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Nico Johnson 6 - 3 @ 245 ran a 4.59 somewhere... Would be a nice 2nd round pick...
    I have him in my mock draft in the 4th round.

  6. #16
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,629
    In a 4-3 your Mike is usually a stouter guy who eats up runs up the middle or can drop back into the middle to sit on routes, kind of like a pick and roll. They'll usually be heavier than your more athletic 3-4 linebackers who have to cover more ground since your outside linebackers are usually rushing the passer or moving forward for containment. Doesn't necessarily mean tall, but that is a bonus to get the hands up and bat down errant passes.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Nico Johnson 6 - 3 @ 245 ran a 4.59 somewhere... Would be a nice 2nd round pick...
    This is where 40 times can not give accurate depiction. Nico Johnson is fast in a straight line its when he has to change directions there is an issue. He would still be an upgrade at MLB on the Giants though

  8. #18
    I'm actually surprised Arthur Brown made it to 6'. He's a bit stout so it makes him look even smaller on the field.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    In a 4-3 your Mike is usually a stouter guy who eats up runs up the middle or can drop back into the middle to sit on routes, kind of like a pick and roll. They'll usually be heavier than your more athletic 3-4 linebackers who have to cover more ground since your outside linebackers are usually rushing the passer or moving forward for containment. Doesn't necessarily mean tall, but that is a bonus to get the hands up and bat down errant passes.
    This gets back to what is the defensive vision for this team. There is a miss mash of pieces right now and some of the better players on the team got old very fast. This draft and FA needs to be done with an idea and they run with it.They have some very good Tampa 2 pieces and then others not so much.I think Blackburn and Rolle specifically are forcing this team to play more Cover 3 hence all the soft defense against the pass. Blackburn cant cover the ground to drop deep enough to get the deep middle and Rolle is just a bad safety. Giants need to get a MLB that can drop and a 3 tech that can be disruptive at the very minimum.

  10. #20
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    This is where 40 times can not give accurate depiction. Nico Johnson is fast in a straight line its when he has to change directions there is an issue. He would still be an upgrade at MLB on the Giants though
    Eh.. Hes very similar player to Blackburn and to be honest, blackburn probably has better instincts , giving him better chance to make plays on the pass, which Johnson has shown basically zero ability.. I don't see it as much of a upgrade over Blackburn, and that is bad..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts