+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Linebackers

Ogletree weighed in at 242lbs yesterday! Alec @ 19!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Ogletree weighed in at 242lbs yesterday! Alec @ 19!!!!!!!!
    With no off the field stuff, sure. With a couple serious red flags, no way.

Possibilities by round for my taste,
    Give me ,
    Te'o in the first and/or trade down in the first for Arthur Brown.
    Khaseeme Greene in the second
    Sio or Nico Johnson in the 3 rd.
    Kiko Johnson or Jon Major in the 4th.
    Past the 4th round either you keep your hopes high on a ILB project ( lots of those these past years ) or hope Reese hits the jack pot on a ILB gem.

Here is a write up that cbssports.com did on Olgetree and other potential bust prospects: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...bust-prospects

Jones isn't the only Georgia linebacker under the microscope. Alec Ogletree is another. There are plenty of teams out there that can use someone of his ability, but it's not his ability that's an issue. It's his maturity.

"The guy's an immature idiot," said one player personnel director.

That's one way of putting it. Another is that he's a character concern, with last week's DUI arrest the latest blip on the radar. It wasn't his only arrest; only his most recent, and combine that with a four-game suspension for a positive drug test, and you have a risk some people may not be willing to take.

"I'm a good person," Ogletree told reporters. "Everybody makes mistakes. I feel bad about the situation, but I'm learning from it and I'm moving forward."

He may not be moving forward in the draft. Ogletree is a potential first-round pick who is explosive, strong, quick, and instinctive, and he could be a high first-round choice. But his recent arrest will back off potential suitors, with one scout telling me it could cause his team to pass on the guy.

"I don't know what it's going to do (to my draft status)," said Ogletree. "I feel bad about it. I'm really sorry about it, but I just have to move forward and take whatever I get."

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Here is a write up that cbssports.com did on Olgetree and other potential bust prospects: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...bust-prospects

Jones isn't the only Georgia linebacker under the microscope. Alec Ogletree is another. There are plenty of teams out there that can use someone of his ability, but it's not his ability that's an issue. It's his maturity.

"The guy's an immature idiot," said one player personnel director.

That's one way of putting it. Another is that he's a character concern, with last week's DUI arrest the latest blip on the radar. It wasn't his only arrest; only his most recent, and combine that with a four-game suspension for a positive drug test, and you have a risk some people may not be willing to take.

"I'm a good person," Ogletree told reporters. "Everybody makes mistakes. I feel bad about the situation, but I'm learning from it and I'm moving forward."

He may not be moving forward in the draft. Ogletree is a potential first-round pick who is explosive, strong, quick, and instinctive, and he could be a high first-round choice. But his recent arrest will back off potential suitors, with one scout telling me it could cause his team to pass on the guy.

"I don't know what it's going to do (to my draft status)," said Ogletree. "I feel bad about it. I'm really sorry about it, but I just have to move forward and take whatever I get."
    I think he still has a very good chance to go late 1st if not he's not getting past the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Possibilities by round for my taste,
    Give me ,
    Te'o in the first and/or trade down in the first for Arthur Brown.
    Khaseeme Greene in the second
    Sio or Nico Johnson in the 3 rd.
    Kiko Johnson or Jon Major in the 4th.
    Past the 4th round either you keep your hopes high on a ILB project ( lots of those these past years ) or hope Reese hits the jack pot on a ILB gem.
    Honestly imo, I dont even want a LB if its not brown, greene or ogletree....I feel we'll end up with another mid-late round guy thatll take up space

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Honestly imo, I dont even want a LB if its not brown, greene or ogletree....I feel we'll end up with another mid-late round guy thatll take up space
    I don't have a feel right now if Reese and Co. are willing to take a LB with that 19 th pick. But Brown could be a good need/value pick at the end of the first because I don't think he will make it all the way to 49 . Greene at 49 ? Very happy with that scenario if it goes down. Ogletree? It's a mystery Reese has to solve weighting his value vs. Risk at any round .

It really was stupid what the guy did.. Moronic is moer like it... How can u be that stupid when u all ready have red flags at this time of yr? Hes been my dream pick along with Ez Ansah(before ansah leapfrogged up), and i have a hard time thinking its the right move becaue of it.. Then i watch the tape, and without really knowing the guy, i find my greedy side wanting to take em.. Hes ridiculously nasty!

Starter
    Reese will just over look any decent linebacker, and draft another bust like he does every single year

so where does arthur brown, jr. go now? apparently he has a bum shoulder.