+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Linebackers

  1. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I'm with Slip. We dont rush our LBers enough to warrant a statement like "No LB in the first 3 rounds unless he is a pass rusher". 4-3 LBers have many responsibilities, not just pass rushing.
    I'm talking a guy like mingo that would be your starting sam, and then stick his hand in the dirt pass plays. Not a mlb that Is a good blitzer. We 100% have to add a pass rusher this off-season.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I don't see any DTs in round two that would be better than Brown either. And DE sort of dries up in the second, then starts again in the third.

    I understand the value of pass rushers and cover guys, but saying LB has no value in the first three rounds is clearly incorrect. Every defense that is quality has early round non pass rushing linebackers on it.
    You think Brown would make it to the second? With Ogletree's "excellent" off field work, I'd imagine majority of the teams easily have Brown as the top ILB now. Can't see him escaping the top 25 personally.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

  3. #53
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    34,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I'm talking a guy like mingo that would be your starting sam, and then stick his hand in the dirt pass plays. Not a mlb that Is a good blitzer. We 100% have to add a pass rusher this off-season.
    They have to add both. Pass rush will never get home when the linebackers are not capable of covering any slant routes.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They have to add both. Pass rush will never get home when the linebackers are not capable of covering any slant routes.
    Yep.

    And if we cannot stop the run, like we couldnt vs the skins, we can expect to finish in the bottom of our division again. The Eagles under Kelly will run, and we already know the Skins will run. With all due respect and love to chase for some of this great moments as a Giant, he was pretty bad vs the run at times last year,.

  5. #55
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    29,375
    Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I would love Greene. Even at OLB this guys will be a monster. He just has all the tools and instinct to make a splash in this league... Pun intended.
    Mayock loves em 2.. THe guys as instinctive a playmaker as there is out there, and can blitz, cover, and defend the run.. I see star when i see Greene.. Sio Moore is a guy i think would offer a ton of versatility for us, and is a beast rushing hte passer but also makes plays against the pass.. Hes a true all around LB with great measurables and off the chart combine results...

  6. #56
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7
    We desperately need a middle linebacker who can bring an added toughness to our D. How about Alec Ogletree? Get the guy out of Georgia and I think his off field troubles will be history.http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/NFL-...erage-NFC-East

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Down at the One View Post
    We desperately need a middle linebacker who can bring an added toughness to our D. How about Alec Ogletree? Get the guy out of Georgia and I think his off field troubles will be history.http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/NFL-...erage-NFC-East
    The Dez Bryant of linebackers? no thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts