+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The guy got abused and ran over in National Championship Game. Also, he started on Notre Dame and couldn't pick up any women and had to resort to making fake girlfriends up. No way should he be on NY Giants.
    THe entire team did... U seriously gonna knock a entire career for one game, even if it was that big a game? Sometimes this place really amazes me!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You going to have to root for another NFL team if you want to root for Ogeltree in the NFL, since he has zero percent chance of being drafted by the Giants.
    actually he has a chance, just not much of a chance, because of how many teams are in the NFL.. I'm sure hes on the giants radar, and they'll get to know em and find out weather or not his past issues are worth gambling on... Hes a freak, and about to tear up the combine today, and is highly productive with oodles of upside.. The giants want to win games, and i think they'll definetly check on ogletree because hes so talented at a postion they have bums...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    THe entire team did... U seriously gonna knock a entire career for one game, even if it was that big a game? Sometimes this place really amazes me!
    How much stock should we really put into that game film? College footballs biggest stage, and coming off a national " scandal ", if you will ( though myself don't see it as such a huge story as much as his play after the fact ) and he absolut whiffs on a bunch of plays.
    He had his chances in that game to make plays, and for whatever reason, came up small.
    Do you now question the kids mental make-up? How he deals with stress?
    I'm kinda doin' it right now I guess... but it's based on the fact that I believe the poor play in the Nat Champ. is a bigger story then the " catfish " one.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    How much stock should we really put into that game film? College footballs biggest stage, and coming off a national " scandal ", if you will ( though myself don't see it as such a huge story as much as his play after the fact ) and he absolut whiffs on a bunch of plays.
    He had his chances in that game to make plays, and for whatever reason, came up small.
    Do you now question the kids mental make-up? How he deals with stress?
    I'm kinda doin' it right now I guess... but it's based on the fact that I believe the poor play in the Nat Champ. is a bigger story then the " catfish " one.
    I agree . . . you have to wonder about a kid who came up small in the biggest game of his life.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen tweeted that man teams feel Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o is undersized for the ILB position.

Te'o is 6'1/240 pounds, but Mort says he fits as a 3-4 inside linebacker or outside linebacker behind a four man front. We aren't sure if Te'o has the athleticism to play on the weak side and still think is best projection is inside. He did get swallowed up by interior blocks in the BCS Championship game, however.
    Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

the thing with teo is, at pick #19, there could come the scenario where he actually could be the BPA. If he is, JR wont skip on him imo, hed stay true to his board. so i figure the interview with teo subject is just insuring himself if that decision needs to be made draft day

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the thing with teo is, at pick #19, there could come the scenario where he actually could be the BPA. If he is, JR wont skip on him imo, hed stay true to his board. so i figure the interview with teo subject is just insuring himself if that decision needs to be made draft day
    I really don't think Te'o would be in the top 19 on JR's list. I see him generally as a late first rounder and will probably drop because of the personal issues.
    I guess I'd take him if he's there in the 2nd but even that may create a "Tebow-like" circus.
    He really needs to go to a small market where he can just keep his head down and play. Having to constantly answer these questions could make it impossible to focus on football.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really don't think Te'o would be in the top 19 on JR's list. I see him generally as a late first rounder and will probably drop because of the personal issues.I guess I'd take him if he's there in the 2nd but even that may create a "Tebow-like" circus.He really needs to go to a small market where he can just keep his head down and play. Having to constantly answer these questions could make it impossible to focus on football.
    yea but the fact their bringing him in means they are considering taking him if he is there. We just don't know if they'd pull the trigger at 19. I guess we'll see what he does tomorrow and his pro days and then when JR sits with him.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I really don't think Te'o would be in the top 19 on JR's list. I see him generally as a late first rounder and will probably drop because of the personal issues.
    I guess I'd take him if he's there in the 2nd but even that may create a "Tebow-like" circus.
    He really needs to go to a small market where he can just keep his head down and play. Having to constantly answer these questions could make it impossible to focus on football.
    i agree completely. but still, if hes a possible 1rst rounder by your book, its not impossible for the draft to play out where the BPA is between him and a wr or something...lets also not completely disregard the heisman talk, the top 10 pick talk pre BCSCG...im just saying, dont completely discount the kid. id love it if we could get him in the 3rd or 2nd...in fact, im actually not even that high up on him. he'd be about the last player id pick personally. just saying, if JR is gonna interview him, it aint for no reason. Perhaps its to the fact Tao could end up being the BPA come draft day when we pick, whether at 19 or 32 or 40th...hes gonna insure himself so that if the decision need be made, hes ready for any situation.

Agree 1000%