+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reese: Big Blue Won't Rule Out Manti

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1271921

Excerpt: "There was no room for Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty or Michael Boley on the cap-strapped Giants roster. But there just may be room for Manti Te’o.

Giants general manager Jerry Reese certainly seemed open to that prospect on Saturday at the NFL Scouting Combine, just hours before the controversial Notre Dame linebacker met the press at Lucas Oil Stadium. Reese has already made several cold-blooded moves, axing team leaders Bradshaw, Canty and Boley over the past few weeks, and more could be on the way.

“It’s a long time before we play in September,” Reese said. “I wouldn’t doubt if there’s more changes.”
    One of those changes could include drafting Te’o, whose scandal has been “blown out of proportion a little bit,” as Reese put it.

RELATED: SIX-FOOT-FIVE, 306-POUND LINEMAN RUNS 4.71 40

“We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who drafted a character risk in corner Jayron Hosley a year ago. “We’ll investigate it and we’ll see how it goes.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

From the article that big link in the middle took me to:
    LSU defensive tackle Benny Logan, projected to be a mid-round pick, was quick to share his favorite team with the crowd. Logan, who grew up in Louisiana, apparently bleeds Big Blue.
    “I’m a Giants fan,” he gushed. “No matter who’s out there, the Giants have a great pass rush. Just watching those guys is something unique and special. Each guy has their own style of play, and each guy brings something different to the table.
    “They fly around the ball,” he continued, “no matter who’s at the defensive end position. They’re just very creative on the defensive line.”
    THE NEXT JPP?
    Honestly, i wouldn't be against reaching a tiny bit for a Giants fan. The guys that bleed blue tend to leave more out on the field than they otherwise would. Not saying that non-Giants fans don't (guys like Cruz for example), but someone who has something going for the organization even before draft day would make this even sweeter. A second on this guy wouldn't be a bad deal from where I'm standing at all...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-24-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Did he show up at the BCS game? Seemed like he was never where he needed be especially in the run defense...just saying.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I hope his self esteem is repaired cause the NY media will eat this kid alive

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Did he show up at the BCS game? Seemed like he was never where he needed be especially in the run defense...just saying.
    I think in an interview he said he was definitely affected by the whole hoax thing and it showed during the game.

Not to sound cynical, but taking one of the biggest needs on the team in the 1st round? It doesn't sound like Jerry Reese at all. We haven't had anything but an average set of LB's for the past 20+ years, and I dont expect that to change anytime soon. He goes BPA over need 99% of the time, which is why we're currently so thin at OL and DT

All-Pro
    I guess maybe we are one of the 18 teams manti has left to interview with then? They said he met with 2 teams .already. . Packers were one
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    They,also project him back in first round after the interview. Lets see what he does Monday

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    Oh ok. Didnt see the other thread that JR wouldn't interview him as one of those 18 teams but would invite him in for a visit

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    From the article that big link in the middle took me to:

Honestly, i wouldn't be against reaching a tiny bit for a Giants fan. The guys that bleed blue tend to leave more out on the field than they otherwise would. Not saying that non-Giants fans don't (guys like Cruz for example), but someone who has something going for the organization even before draft day would make this even sweeter. A second on this guy wouldn't be a bad deal from where I'm standing at all...
    Datone Jones is another guy who also grew up a Giants fan. He said that his play style is most similar to Tuck and Osi.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF