+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

this class of rbs makes me thankful for wilson

havent seen a rb yet match wilsons speed/explosion/quickness/athleticism...perhaps that whole "run on the quality rb's" comment he made last year had some foresight into this years draft class...just saying its prob more than coincidence we got a rb capable of starting and doing big things when we did when factoring in this years draft class...Montae Ball could be great but Id be bummed if we entered next season with bradshaw and ball or something...

I thought Knile Davis ran pretty well

You never know. There's always sleepers. I don't think anyone thought Alfred Morris of the Skins would be as good as he was as well as Doug Martin. They were both thought to be good but not the kind of numbers they put up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    You never know. There's always sleepers. I don't think anyone thought Alfred Morris of the Skins would be as good as he was as well as Doug Martin. They were both thought to be good but not the kind of numbers they put up
    The skins are a system with that zone blocking scheme where you can plug and play a bull type RB and have success... I bet 2012 Jacobs would have excelled in that system...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The skins are a system with that zone blocking scheme where you can plug and play a bull type RB and have success... I bet 2012 Jacobs would have excelled in that system...
    Ron Dayne averaged 5YPC is a zone blocking scheme

However if you are the feature neck getting 80/90 percent of the carries then you can put up numbers like that. With the giants system you'd never see that
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

speed/explosion/quickness/athleticism doesnt mean a thing if U cant follow blocks and have poor instincts. Some of the most productive runners in the NFL ran a 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    speed/explosion/quickness/athleticism doesnt mean a thing if U cant follow blocks and have poor instincts. Some of the most productive runners in the NFL ran a 4.6
    as I said in another thread, I would be all for sacrificing some long speed, if that meant the RB had better vision and balance. And of course, like you said redeye, being able to read/follow blocks and insticts is very important as well. Even Chris Johnson does not bust a big run every time he touches the ball.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I get what your saying but a 4.6, might be a little stretch.
    Last edited by quan the don; 02-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    I get what your saying but a 4.6, might be a little stretch.
    Alfred Morris?
    my beer drinking team has a football problem