+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: this class of rbs makes me thankful for wilson

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    we got something this running game hasnt had in a while...explosion in the form of a kid who could take it to the house every time he touches the ball.
    And we have no DL and one corner. Home run hitting running backs are available late in every draft. Oh, and Wilson isn't even the fastest rb on the team.

  2. #32
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    And we have no DL and one corner. Home run hitting running backs are available late in every draft. Oh, and Wilson isn't even the fastest rb on the team.
    Well I think you are seriously under rating Wilson's skill, but I understand the positional argument.

    I did love Reyes coming out. Thought he was the best Uconn player I've ever seen.

  3. #33
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    And we have no DL and one corner. Home run hitting running backs are available late in every draft. Oh, and Wilson isn't even the fastest rb on the team.
    scott ran a 4.29? and we were coming off a super bowl win the year wilson was drafted so i don't follow the no DL and one CB.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    scott ran a 4.29? and we were coming off a super bowl win the year wilson was drafted so i don't follow the no DL and one CB.
    Scotts "official" time is faster. Not sure what you don't follow, we currently have one corner and no DL depth nor a starting 3 tech. Your team always needs an in flux of young talented DLmen. Last year was no different and we're feeling it now.

  5. #35
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Scotts "official" time is faster. Not sure what you don't follow, we currently have one corner and no DL depth nor a starting 3 tech. Your team always needs an in flux of young talented DLmen. Last year was no different and we're feeling it now.
    They would be feeling it at hb too. Bradshaw gone, brown broken leg, Scott spent last year on IR.
    I know it's always said HBs are a dime a dozen, but there are quite a few teams that can't find one at all. (Detroit, Green Bay, etc)

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They would be feeling it at hb too. Bradshaw gone, brown broken leg, Scott spent last year on IR.I know it's always said HBs are a dime a dozen, but there are quite a few teams that can't find one at all. (Detroit, Green Bay, etc)
    We arent one of those teams, though. Ward jacobs brown bradshaw all 4th to undrafted. The wilson pick will never make sense to me.

  7. #37
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    We arent one of those teams, though. Ward jacobs brown bradshaw all 4th to undrafted. The wilson pick will never make sense to me.
    They got nothing at all out of their running game the past couple seasons. Needed a more explosive player. And I like Scott, but he isn't a burst runner. He's a smooth accelerating guy with really high top end speed. But not a darter like Wilson.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yep him and bunches of others. According to the guys on NFL Network today most of the very successful RBs had times clocked in the 4.6 range
    mayock was saying that guys in the 5'10 area at around 210 lbs are going to run a 4.5,4.6 typically...which is why wilson was a great pick imo, who is like 5'10 and 215 iirc, has 4.3 speed, and had the most YAC of any rb in the NCAA...

    and he def. was not a terrible pick. would u be happy going into next season with a rb unit of bradshaw, a rookie from this class, and ab2?
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-25-2013 at 12:09 AM.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Scotts "official" time is faster. Not sure what you don't follow, we currently have one corner and no DL depth nor a starting 3 tech. Your team always needs an in flux of young talented DLmen. Last year was no different and we're feeling it now.
    yeah true what was jr thinking? he could have solved all those issues had he just not drafted wilson lmao...u realize we'd still have no dl depth, 1 corner, etc. if the pick was reyes or whoever it was u claimed would have been a better pick (ironically tho not one of the players u listed had any sort of impact last year too)

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They got nothing at all out of their running game the past couple seasons. Needed a more explosive player. And I like Scott, but he isn't a burst runner. He's a smooth accelerating guy with really high top end speed. But not a darter like Wilson.
    Why they went for a RB instead of fixing the OL, I will never know... JR doesn't seem to want to ever draft OL. It's too bad, since the one time he did ever draft an OL before round 4, we got Beatty... aka the only OL we have (and may not even have next season) that is any good...


    Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts