+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: this class of rbs makes me thankful for wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Wilson was a terrible pick
    Ur no joke the biggest Wilson hater on here, can't wait for the season to start,I look forward to digging up alot of the quotes you make....such as this one

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Ur no joke the biggest Wilson hater on here, can't wait for the season to start,I look forward to digging up alot of the quotes you make....such as this one
    U can dislike the value of the pick like me but he isnt a terrible player. I still think they would of been better off with Cordy Glenn.

Veteran
    It really doesn't matter how well he plays, and I do expect him to play well. What matters is that he's a rb.

Nobody is a Wilson hater. He just thinks picking a RB in the first (no matter who it is) is a bad pick. I disagree but I get his point.
    Having that point of view does not make him a Wilson hater.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah true what was jr thinking? he could have solved all those issues had he just not drafted wilson lmao...u realize we'd still have no dl depth, 1 corner, etc. if the pick was reyes or whoever it was u claimed would have been a better pick (ironically tho not one of the players u listed had any sort of impact last year too)
    Really? No sort of impact. Do you even watch them play?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think he will change your mind this season, who did you want that was available at 32? just curious.
    I would of taken Cordy Glenn if i was picking there personally... Shoot, i'd of taken Casey Hayward there, as i thought he was the 2nd best CB in last yrs draft class... GUys who are gonna end up splitting the load with anotehr RB isn't worth the 1st rd... Now if Dougie Martin was there, thats diffrent... I'd of taken Coby Fleener over him as well..

But, all that said, hes intriguing and had his moments last yr, and i definetly think hes gonna have some great moments this yr....

Well the reality is that he's on the team. He's a good player with a huge upside.
    I guess I look at the draft differently. I think you draft "prospects". You don't draft finished products. Any player that is drafted and plays a lot and contributes to the team is a good pick...whether its a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder. Its all a crap shoot.

If you don't agree, look back over the last 20 years and see how many first rounders busted out and never did much at all. So if you get a guy who contributes...a GM has done his job.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I would of taken Cordy Glenn if i was picking there personally... Shoot, i'd of taken Casey Hayward there, as i thought he was the 2nd best CB in last yrs draft class... GUys who are gonna end up splitting the load with anotehr RB isn't worth the 1st rd... Now if Dougie Martin was there, thats diffrent... I'd of taken Coby Fleener over him as well..

But, all that said, hes intriguing and had his moments last yr, and i definetly think hes gonna have some great moments this yr....
    i had plenty of players rated above him.

Honestly though when u get to that 25-45 range i think the prospects are pretty similar

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Nobody is a Wilson hater. He just thinks picking a RB in the first (no matter who it is) is a bad pick. I disagree but I get his point.
    Having that point of view does not make him a Wilson hater.
    I guess nobody is an Eli hater either, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    i had plenty of players rated above him.

Honestly though when u get to that 25-45 range i think the prospects are pretty similar
    Well getting back to the subject at hand, I doubt that we will draft any RB's this season. We have so many holes in the trenches it seems like a wasted pick. If you go back to last years draft, RB seemed to be a huge need with the loss of BJ and the injury riddled year for Bradshaw.
    It has to be about O line and D line for me in early rounds. Unless someone drops big time to us.

+ Reply to Thread