+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    did maysonet run the 40 yard dash?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    did maysonet run the 40 yard dash?
    He didn't get invited to the combine

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He didn't get invited to the combine
    yeah he did. did something change? i thought I saw he did 20 reps on bench press?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colleg...bine-1.4398268

yeah he did. did something change? i thought I saw he did 20 reps on bench press?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colleg...bine-1.4398268
    Oh you're right. Sorry.

He didn't run. Maybe injury related?
    Last edited by slipknottin; 02-24-2013 at 10:46 PM.

[QUOTE=slipknottin;691087]

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colleg...bine-1.4398268[/QUOTE
    Oh you're right. Sorry.

He didn't run. Maybe injury related?
    no need to be sorry, I though he might be hurt as well. what do you think of him as a 6th or 7th frill pick? or possibly zac stacy?

I am a guy who has mentioned Maysonet favorably and am routing for the kid. I am not sure why he didnt compete, but I do know that scouts dont like RBs with hand sizes smaller than 8.5, for some it is 9.0. He measured 8.48 inches and that will hurt him a bit.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ELI_HOF_NYG;691088][QUOTE=slipknottin;691087]

no need to be sorry, I though he might be hurt as well. what do you think of him as a 6th or 7th frill pick? or possibly zac stacy?

Good lord, our needs do not include a kr/pr at this time

Zac Stacy is a good prospect. I think some team is going to fall in love with him and take him ahead of where he is projected,

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Zac Stacy is a good prospect. I think some team is going to fall in love with him and take him ahead of where he is projected,
    Zac Stacy is perfect for a zone blocking system. He trusts the play, anticipates the hole and accelerates before the gap exists. Im not sure he would be as good in a man blocking system but he could still contribute. He can block and catch maybe a 3rd down back. I saw someone on Twitter compare him to travis Henry and I think thats pretty good comp. His 4.55 40 time is even on the fast side for zone blocking backs

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am a guy who has mentioned Maysonet favorably and am routing for the kid. I am not sure why he didnt compete, but I do know that scouts dont like RBs with hand sizes smaller than 8.5, for some it is 9.0. He measured 8.48 inches and that will hurt him a bit.
    Maybe his hand size was a reason he was so very little involved in passing game at Slippery rock? I know nothing about there QB though, so that could have something to do with it as well.. But ya, his lack of receptions and small hands have made guys like Kerwynn Williams, Zac Stacy, jump ahead of him on my hopeful late rd RB list...