+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Clint Sintim comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    I like those guys and guys that are "better pro prospect than collegiate player"

Scary phrases are "workout warrior with limited production", "heavy legged waisted bender", "cover 2 corner", "box safety", "2 down LB" ,"projects as a "

It is also very creepy when Mayock, who I think is a great evaluator, says guys have "big beautiful bodies"
    Its a crap shot. If a GM takes this kind of player ( " the football player ) and pan out he is a genious but more often than the project goes south.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He was just soft. He was athletic enough to play in the nfl. But gave no effort and got pushed around. At 255 pounds he should have been pushing offensive players around.
    That wasn't the case when he was in VT. He was relentless and very physical. He played DE as well as any LB position. Something went very wrong with Clint and I can't put my finger on the reason why he faded. That been said the ACL injuries didn't help much.

That wasn't the case when he was in VT. He was relentless and very physical. He played DE as well as any LB position. Something went very wrong with Clint and I can't put my finger on the reason why he faded. That been said the ACL injuries didn't help much.
    He wasent that physical in college either. He ran around guys a lot and danced around. Didn't see him run through guys often.

He wasent that physical in college either. He ran around guys a lot and danced around. Didn't see him run through guys often.
    are jerry and the boys just that bad at rating LB talent? or not enough value placed on position?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    are jerry and the boys just that bad at rating LB talent? or not enough value placed on position?
    I think they just haven't found value when they picked in the early rounds there. And if you look back it's not like they always pass on top guys.

The odd part is that Reese and Co. were very highy on him and quite frankly never knew what role they had in mind for him. The name of Reggie Torbor comes to mind too when I think about Sintim but Reggie was an above average ST player and I will always be thankful for his contributions in SB 42.

The odd part is that Reese and Co. were very highy on him and quite frankly never knew what role they had in mind for him. The name of Reggie Torbor comes to mind too when I think about Sintim but Reggie was an above average ST player and I will always be thankful for his contributions in SB 42.
    Eh? They absolutely had a well defined role for Sintim. Sheridan had installed a 50 front defense which is similar to what Dallas runs, and Sintim would have been the giants equivalent of Anthony spencer. Same exact position.

And frankly, sintim being awful played a large part in Sheridan getting fired. Those two went hand in hand. Once Sheridan was gone then sintim had no future with the giants, but he already showed he had no future in the Nfl anyway.

Eh? They absolutely had a well defined role for Sintim. Sheridan had installed a 50 front defense which is similar to what Dallas runs, and Sintim would have been the giants equivalent of Anthony spencer. Same exact position.
    Ha, like you said, would have but he never did. At first it looked like the coaches didn't had confidence in him and the rest is history.

Ha, like you said, would have but he never did. At first it looked like the coaches didn't had confidence in him and the rest is history.
    Well he was given a role that should have suited him perfectly. But he just got manhandled by TEs and FBs and even HBs. Even on STs where someone his size should scare the heck out of people he was a total non factor

Well he was given a role that should have suited him perfectly. But he just got manhandled by TEs and FBs and even HBs. Even on STs where someone his size should scare the heck out of people he was a total non factor
    Sad ending for a promising young talent.
    One thing I banking on is if Reese goes thru the draft to find Blackburn's replacement even if he gets resigned I don't want any more projects or so called LB tweeners playing in the middle of the D. Its time to find a true MLB with some " teeth " and well needed attitude.