+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Ogletree

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    I think the Giants will regret that if thats the way it plays out.
    It's not like he's the only good player in the draft. And immaturity makes me nervous about how hard he will work to be a top player. In general handing a guy millions of dollars doesn't make them grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    I think the Giants will regret that if thats the way it plays out.
    They won't regret it if they select an OT, which they desperately need MORE than LB...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I want Ogletree as much as the next guy, just don't want to get my hopes up anymore..

Quick, name the last LB we drafted in the 1st round.

And the last OT we drafted in the first round.

IMO, those are 2 very thin position for us, and there is a reason we are thin there.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It's not like he's the only good player in the draft. And immaturity makes me nervous about how hard he will work to be a top player. In general handing a guy millions of dollars doesn't make them grow up
    when it comes to immaturity and millions of dollars, all you have to do is look at Kenny Britt---lots of talent, a favorite of some on these boards back then. But a good choice for Reese to pass on him then and go with Nicks.

Like you said in another post, most likely Ogletree is not on the Giants big board at 19, especially after this latest DUI. 3 red flags dont bode well for him to become a Giant
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

The nice thing is that there are other solid ILBs that fit our 4-3 scheme, just not comfortable with his maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yeh but you have these worries with anyone draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Quick, name the last LB we drafted in the 1st round.

And the last OT we drafted in the first round.

IMO, those are 2 very thin position for us, and there is a reason we are thin there.
    Yea I don't see us going in that direction either, I'm going to guess we draft a DE or DT

i found it telling the analysts were commenting how Ogeltree is "gonna be in a lot of trouble if OLmen get their hands on him. They'll swallow him up...He's very lean almost too lean. He looks like a DB standing inbetween LB's."

I will say this, if we're trying to run a Fewell Tampa 2 concept, Ogeltree would prob be the best MLB possible...Urlacher was also a converted safety. He doesnt come close to Ogeltrees measurements tho

Veteran
    what these analysts are saying is that all these players are average and there are no elite defensive players in the draft, so I think it would be a better choice to go with o-line in the 1st round

+ Reply to Thread