+ Reply to Thread

Dont forget, no true top 10 QB/Trade back best route?

that means there will be qbs that are gonna be taken around picks 10-20 imo and if a team takes geno smith lets say at 16 or something (dunno whose picking just a random number), and then we're up and barkleys available with a team behind us who desperately needs a QB...we could trade back, and acquire more 2nd/3rd rd picks.
    Ever sine the end of the season, with this whole cruz tender 1rst rd pick issue and just bc of the depth of talent this class, i wondered getting more quality picks would be preferable considering the # of holes.
    now with the combine, and a ton of guys outside the top 20 lets say making pushes for serious consideration for 1rst rd and early at that too, imo the first 2 and a half rds are gonna be chock full of guys who might not be the best of the class, but solid players nonetheless...

this class is kinda unique bc its the first 1 in a while where a bunch of random guys could be picked at any point and it'd make sense. remember last yr when the seahawks took irving and ppl went huh??? thats nothing compared to this season imo.

so we could end up getting 1rst rd talent up to and including the 3rd rd, similar to last yr...if ogeltree/a qb is there at 19, maybe we trade and get 2 2nd rd picks and 2 3rd rd picks, and then get 2 ol 2 dl, or a lb and whatever combo floats ur boat...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-27-2013 at 12:08 AM.

I was thinking about us trading back. I think that would be a great route, since we have to fix our O-Line. I think trading to the late 20s would allow us to get a third or a fourth round pick. What I was thinking was for us to trade down and maybe get Minter, Te'o or Flucker. After that with the third or fourth that we get we should get a G/C, maybe a guy like David Quasenberry.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that means there will be qbs that are gonna be taken around picks 10-20 imo and if a team takes geno smith lets say at 16 or something (dunno whose picking just a random number), and then we're up and barkleys available with a team behind us who desperately needs a QB...
    I think you are providing too much credit to desperate teams. It only takes one GM/Organization to take a QB early and then the rest will panic and follow suit. Right now Arizona is impressed with Barkley, If the Chiefs cannot land A.Smith depending on what they do in FA they might go the route of Geno Smith If not them you also have Oakland who can forgo Palmer's cap hit for a franchise spark. The Bills are also in the market and we still have no Idea if Chip Kelly is truly satisfied with his personnel to run the offense he wants to run ( that is a stretch but not outside the realm of reality.) I have joked that 3 will go before 15, E.J Manuel has done good for himself at the senior bowl and the combine, the notoriety players Barkley/Smith are almost shoe in for first round spots whether they deserve it or not; my joke might just be a reality. Lets hope!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGdraftMIND View Post
    I think you are providing too much credit to desperate teams. It only takes one GM/Organization to take a QB early and then the rest will panic and follow suit. Right now Arizona is impressed with Barkley, If the Chiefs cannot land A.Smith depending on what they do in FA they might go the route of Geno Smith If not them you also have Oakland who can forgo Palmer's cap hit for a franchise spark. The Bills are also in the market and we still have no Idea if Chip Kelly is truly satisfied with his personnel to run the offense he wants to run ( that is a stretch but not outside the realm of reality.) I have joked that 3 will go before 15, E.J Manuel has done good for himself at the senior bowl and the combine, the notoriety players Barkley/Smith are almost shoe in for first round spots whether they deserve it or not; my joke might just be a reality. Lets hope!
    i didnt do a good job explaining myself bc the scenario u describe is what im talking about as well. im saying there could be a rush on the top 3 qbs bc theres nothing after them really. either a top 10 prospect falls bc the run on qbs, or, we might get lucky and find ourselves in a spot where the 19 pick is paramount to getting a lets say barkley...

The teams behind 19 are not looking for QBs [otherwise they most likely wouldn't be picking in the 20s]. So a team trading to 19 for a QB would most likely be returning a second rounder this year in exchange for Giants' first.

I'm still willing to bet a few QBs go early that we didn't anticipate. A good showing for Barkley at his pro day and he should move up. I like him better than Geno.