+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eli's future replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    It really depends on how Eli holds up. Not for another 3 years at least.
    That will be an interesting negotiation.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

The only QB i like in the second or third, would be EJ Manuel or Matt Barkley..doubt they fall to us..Manuel had a nice senior bowl, and is under rated running the football, think he could be a good overall starter in the NFL.

eli will be our qb for many more years... its way too early to be thinking about his replacement.

Bench Player
    Nobody will be replacing him soon but we still need a reliable back up cause he could get hurt *knocking on wood* and right now I would panic if David Carr had 2 play the rest of the year because Eli got hurt....the season would end right there...

Hopefully Eli's replacement is an athletic QB with good read-vision who can throw the ball accurately down field.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
    Nobody will be replacing him soon but we still need a reliable back up cause he could get hurt *knocking on wood* and right now I would panic if David Carr had 2 play the rest of the year because Eli got hurt....the season would end right there...
    Almost no teams have a reliable back-up QB.

It is WAY to early to Draft a supposed replacement/franchise QB. Besides that we have too many holes to fill this year to even be a playoff caliber team. MLB O-Line and RUnning Back are MUSTS this offseason. Thats not even addressing the CB position. Yae we have some young CB's but IMOVHO they 1 either aren't ready or 2 aren't good enough to play the whole game. Im hoping that Webster restructures his contract because after him there isn't really anyone on this team that is good enough in their development to take over

Peace
    Dan

All-Pro
    I'd say in the later rounds if the opportunity presented itself then take one of them. Otherwise wait around and trade up for Johnny Football. Have to throw the house at the team in line to draft him. Or do a trade like we did with SD and give up as much or more then we did for Eli to get Johnny M
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Look for Shawn Mannion out of OSU in a few years. He is already a top QB in the PAC-12 but a knee issue be it a small one tripped him up this year.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Eli has at least 8 years left in him

+ Reply to Thread