+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli's future replacement

however i have heard the kid is projected for late first round or second round. we are not drafting a qb this year period. and if we were it would be within first two rounds.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He looks nothing like him.
    Not at all, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    my point is that he looks like a dork, he's also the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft.
    So, we should draft the second or third best QB in the draft (which probably means using our first on him), at a position that we do not need, so he can sit behind Eli for the next 4+ years. I think we can find a better use of our resources than that.

A blond dork with freckles? hahaha The one and only New York Giants dork is Eli. And we love him.

I'm on my third season of Madden 13 and I still don't feel the need to look for a replacement of Eli's. But when I do, it'lll be a scrambler.

It's going to be hard to fill Manning's shoes as he's more than likely going to be one of the best (if not the best) QB the Giants have ever seen. I fear that when he's gone, we're going to revert back to the Dave Brown era and I hope I'm wrong on this. I just feel that we're going to be so used to Eli Manning, that when someone decent comes in, we'll trash him like he's Sanchez.

People who take him for granted and bash on him on these forums, will be in for a rude awakening when they realize he was indeed a great QB who did make mistakes, but was clutch when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    I'm on my third season of Madden 13 and I still don't feel the need to look for a replacement of Eli's. But when I do, it'lll be a scrambler.

It's going to be hard to fill Manning's shoes as he's more than likely going to be one of the best (if not the best) QB the Giants have ever seen. I fear that when he's gone, we're going to revert back to the Dave Brown era and I hope I'm wrong on this. I just feel that we're going to be so used to Eli Manning, that when someone decent comes in, we'll trash him like he's Sanchez.

People who take him for granted and bash on him on these forums, will be in for a rude awakening when they realize he was indeed a great QB who did make mistakes, but was clutch when needed.
    Eli has a tough enough time filling his own shoes as he simply cannot pull all these games out in the end.

But that's what makes him a special player. He's one of the best with the game on the line.
    Last edited by Roosevelt; 02-25-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post

hahhahaha nice

in all honesty and realism, when do you guys expect we look for a replacement?

5-6 years??

maybe 3 to groom him?

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    in all honesty and realism, when do you guys expect we look for a replacement?

5-6 years??

maybe 3 to groom him?
    It really depends on how Eli holds up. Not for another 3 years at least.

I'm suddenly hungry for Aunt Bee's apple pie.

doglostinterest.jpg

+ Reply to Thread