+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mingo-Keep at DE!

Mingo is one of my personal wish list picks for rd 1. But, I keep hearing how hes going to have to move to LB. Now, I know he has the athleticism to convert, but at 240 and his frame, how is he all that different than Osi? Plus, Mingo's been a DE his tenure at LSU. As a DE, Mingo has athleticism that is close to unmatchable as it gets. but as a lb? he's still athletic, but its not as dominant from the LB spot.

Keep him at DE, and let him and JPP take turns speed rushing and power rushing. Mingo burning the edge is something I think could potentially replace the loss of Osi.

edit-plus he'd prob be the best help we could get defending the read option...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Will need to put on weight to be able to set the edge in the run game. That is why most people are projecting him as an OLB. If he plays DE at 240 teams will just run right at him like they did Osi.

im not intersted ...Dude was t-bagged he loses his contain quite a few times in most vids i've watched of him. I'd rather draft Okafor, who can rush the passer and play the run.

Mingo is better off at LB. That doesnt mean he cant rush the passer still. He can still put his hand down on 3rd down and be used as a blitzer. His skill set translates better to LB than DE.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    im not intersted ...Dude was t-bagged he loses his contain quite a few times in most vids i've watched of him. I'd rather draft Okafor, who can rush the passer and play the run.
    He is going against 300 pound tackles in the SEC at 240 Mingo is a LB he shouldnt be in that situation every down

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is going against 300 pound tackles in the SEC at 240 Mingo is a LB he shouldnt be in that situation every down
    But we already have Kiwi to fill that role. LB/DE hybrid. Okafor even devin taylor, just as big and athletic, better all around DE's...I think Jarvis Jones would be that perfect Athletic Speed, OLB pass rusher that we didn't get from Sintim..He could fall with his spinal concerns.

He cannot and will not play 4-3 DE in the NFL. Mingo played in the 220's this year and really just seems like a smaller framed individual... some people can't get bulky. He looked great in space in the drills so if he's there at 19 I'd take him and play him like Von Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mingo is better off at LB. That doesnt mean he cant rush the passer still. He can still put his hand down on 3rd down and be used as a blitzer. His skill set translates better to LB than DE.
    the question is what kind of LB would he be for this team? OLB I would assume? and considering him as a LB where does he rank with the combine LB's?

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    But we already have Kiwi to fill that role. LB/DE hybrid. Okafor even devin taylor, just as big and athletic, better all around DE's...I think Jarvis Jones would be that perfect Athletic Speed, OLB pass rusher that we didn't get from Sintim..He could fall with his spinal concerns.
    Kiwi doesnt belong at LB. He isnt fluid enough. He needs to move or needs to be cut his play fell off big time last season. Devin Taylor is to stiff in the hips with Robert Griffin and Chip Kelly in the NFC East

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the question is what kind of LB would he be for this team? OLB I would assume? and considering him as a LB where does he rank with the combine LB's?
    He ran a faster 40 then every single LB except 2 and his 10 yard split was better then all of them except 1. Mingo can measure up.
    Had LSU actually blitzed him once in awhile he would of had more sacks. Watch the games they force him to contain which is nuts for a guy that size. Reminds me of the F ups with Bruce Irvin at the start of the year for WV. At least WV let Irvin loose in passing situations though
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.