+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Mingo-Keep at DE!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He ran a faster 40 then every single LB except 1 and his 10 yard split was better then them all
    So your saying he should play saftey? I dont get the point.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the question is what kind of LB would he be for this team? OLB I would assume? and considering him as a LB where does he rank with the combine LB's?
    With his athleticism and ability to rush the passer, I'd say he's probably the best OLB in the draft with Jarvis Jones's injury concerns.

    All that speed coming off the edge with JPP on the other side will be too much for a RT to handle. As other people have said on here, LSU did not use him correctly so by playing him as a linebacker and situational passrusher you will get the most value out of his skillset. VON MILLER BABY.
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 02-25-2013 at 09:02 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    He cannot and will not play 4-3 DE in the NFL. Mingo played in the 220's this year and really just seems like a smaller framed individual... some people can't get bulky. He looked great in space in the drills so if he's there at 19 I'd take him and play him like Von Miller.
    He would a huge upgrade over Kiwanuka at LB in every single way. He would add athleticism in the LB core and add an edge rusher with Osi gone. JPP,Tuck and Kiwi rotate at DE. Mingo joins the 4 man front in passing situations or not. Blitz him in the A gaps move him around standing up.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    So your saying he should play saftey? I dont get the point.
    He asked how Mingo matched up with the LB's athletically and gave him an example. I didnt say anything about a safety

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He would a huge upgrade over Kiwanuka at LB in every single way. He would add athleticism in the LB core and add an edge rusher with Osi gone. JPP,Tuck and Kiwi rotate at DE. Mingo joins the 4 man front in passing situations or not. Blitz him in the A gaps move him around standing up.
    Totally agree with you. If you see my post right above you I was probably referring to you in saying that LSU played him incorrectly. He would be a beast here. If he's there I think Reese will take all of 2 seconds to call the pick in. He's just too athletic to pass up.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    With his athleticism and ability to rush the passer, I'd say he's probably the best OLB in the draft with Jarvis Jones's injury concerns.

    All that speed coming off the edge with JPP on the other side will be too much for a RT to handle. As other people have said on here, LSU did not use him correctly so by playing him as a linebacker and situational passrusher you will get the most value out of his skillset. VON MILLER BABY.
    He is great with the read option 2. His burst is better then almost every RB so he can cheat on the QB and still catch them.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-25-2013 at 09:13 PM.

  7. #17
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    With his athleticism and ability to rush the passer, I'd say he's probably the best OLB in the draft with Jarvis Jones's injury concerns.

    All that speed coming off the edge with JPP on the other side will be too much for a RT to handle. As other people have said on here, LSU did not use him correctly so by playing him as a linebacker and situational passrusher you will get the most value out of his skillset. VON MILLER BABY.
    can't argue with that. don't think he makes it past 15.

  8. #18
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Mingo is one of my personal wish list picks for rd 1. But, I keep hearing how hes going to have to move to LB. Now, I know he has the athleticism to convert, but at 240 and his frame, how is he all that different than Osi? Plus, Mingo's been a DE his tenure at LSU. As a DE, Mingo has athleticism that is close to unmatchable as it gets. but as a lb? he's still athletic, but its not as dominant from the LB spot.

    Keep him at DE, and let him and JPP take turns speed rushing and power rushing. Mingo burning the edge is something I think could potentially replace the loss of Osi.

    edit-plus he'd prob be the best help we could get defending the read option...
    He is going to play OLB in a 3-4 D or SLB in a 4-3, I don't see it other way.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts