+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we don't go for a LB in the first

I like this draft, no matter what, we're gonna get a stud LB

Or you know, we won't and then I'll be forced to put my head through my TV and jump out the window with it. This Te'o press conference is good, he's a good guy, I feel bad for him. These reporters seem to be more interesting this Catfish crap and it really pisses me off.

I guess it's either him or Olgetree or whatever. I'm feeling good about this draft..hopefully we can draft one of these LB's and build from there, making our defense feared once again.

Last time I checked it was the DEs that teams were fearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Last time I checked it was the DEs that teams were fearing.
    Well check again, it's 2013

It wont be Ogletree.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It wont be Ogletree.
    How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    How do you know?
    JR don't play that..

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    Well check again, it's 2013
    And the Giants still run the 4-3. DE is the focus, not LB.

It doesn't matter, LB is our weakest position right now

Ya, and we got one of teh best DE's in the league in JPP, and next to nothing at LB, albeit, J-Will has some upside.. Theres a reason we barley make the postseason the yrs we do, and don't all together other yrs, even though we have stud DE's over the yrs, and thats because we don't have good enough players in the LB core.. The yr we won it all in 07, we had Kawika Mitchell, who was sensational, and this is by far the worst are LB core has been , even with it seemingly feeling like 4ever since we've had a good LB core.. That says something.. At least other yrs, we had Antonio Pierce, or we had Kawika Mitchell, plus Kiwi was a impact player when he first started out at LB..etc Right now Blackburns is a FA, and hes not that good, and then we got Kiwi, whos been kinda invisible over past couple seasons, and Paysinger and Herzlich have done nothing to show big faith in them going forward, and Rivers is a re-tread who cant stay healthy, and also a FA..etc Outside of J-Will, theres nothing really happening at LB to make any feelings of comfort, and even J-Will hasen't shown consistency or the abiilty to stay healthy over his first 2seasons.. LB is a real need and trust me, once we get a better LB core , you'll notice a big diffrence and maybe we can start having a complete team , and make the posteason without a 9-7 record and barley sneaking in or missing it all together...

I'm not against an upgrade, I'm just not so sure that the team would be willing to expend a high pick for a player at that position.
    LB, like OL, just doesn't appear to be that high of a priority for this administration. Not in regards to the first round, at least.

Who knows, though. I didn't expect them to take David Wilson last season so perhaps they'll change tack again this year.

+ Reply to Thread