+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If we don't go for a LB in the first

It's about time Reese DID address the putrid LB situation we have here. People saying that LB is not that important, need to wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    It's about time Reese DID address the putrid LB situation we have here. People saying that LB is not that important, need to wake up!
    Exactly..we haven't had a good LB since Armstead.

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    How do you know?
    Because the giants have never drafted a player with character red flags in the first round.

I bet we go OL or corner to replace Webby next year. maybe DT or LB in the second

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I bet we go OL or corner to replace Webby next year. maybe DT or LB in the second
    agreed.. this is my thinking also.

I like this draft, no matter what, we're going to get a solid OL

Or you know, we won't and then I'll be forced to put my head through my TV and jump out the window with it.

I guess it's either Johnson or Fluker or whatever. I'm feeling good about this draft..hopefully we can draft one of these OL and build from there, making our offense actually function once again.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, and we got one of teh best DE's in the league in JPP, and next to nothing at LB, albeit, J-Will has some upside.. Theres a reason we barley make the postseason the yrs we do, and don't all together other yrs, even though we have stud DE's over the yrs, and thats because we don't have good enough players in the LB core.. The yr we won it all in 07, we had Kawika Mitchell, who was sensational, and this is by far the worst are LB core has been , even with it seemingly feeling like 4ever since we've had a good LB core.. That says something.. At least other yrs, we had Antonio Pierce, or we had Kawika Mitchell, plus Kiwi was a impact player when he first started out at LB..etc Right now Blackburns is a FA, and hes not that good, and then we got Kiwi, whos been kinda invisible over past couple seasons, and Paysinger and Herzlich have done nothing to show big faith in them going forward, and Rivers is a re-tread who cant stay healthy, and also a FA..etc Outside of J-Will, theres nothing really happening at LB to make any feelings of comfort, and even J-Will hasen't shown consistency or the abiilty to stay healthy over his first 2seasons.. LB is a real need and trust me, once we get a better LB core , you'll notice a big diffrence and maybe we can start having a complete team , and make the posteason without a 9-7 record and barley sneaking in or missing it all together...
    very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Wake up to what there is a positional hierarchy. Id rather have both DE spots, 3 tech, both CB's and a FS before Id take a LB

I would not bet we get a LB at all in the 1st three rounds just because the team brass never sees it as an position of need, which I find to be lunacy. Our LB's have sucked for over a decade (very much over). I would love some emphasis on this position...I would not be unhappy with LB at the first two rounds.

We can generate TE's and do a decent job at DE unless you lose heart like Tuck did.

We struggle with LB's and CB's however, LB is the weakest link on this team. We don't have any that are top 20, not sure we even have a top 32 LB when you take talent, ability, football smarts, heart and health all into account.

Our Oline is struggling and we may need to go that route...on a similar note, DT is also a position of concern. Chance Warmack at Guard maybe in the 1st. Shariff Floyd at DT (even if we need to trade up to get him) but I would be happy with Manti and hope a tope tier DT falls to us in the 2nd.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Because the giants have never drafted a player with character red flags in the first round.
    The Giants would rather have terrible players on the field then take a risk on a young talented player that made a mistake or 2

+ Reply to Thread