+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Ogletree

Bench Player

Alec Ogletree

Was not really interested in this guy because of character concerns . I still have them , but after watching this highlight tape ,Id be lying if I said I wasnt excited to have him on our team . Hes a beast , and he was doing it against sec opponents , top talent in the land . Check out the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZOXZcRZNM

Bench Player
    Forgot to mention : watch the stop he makes on the goal line against Alabama running back Lacy one on one . Impressive !

he isnt a stack n shed type LB. He'd need a DL to keep him virtually clean in a 4-3. everyone sees the athleticism and him flying around, and while those things are great, it doesnt make him a mlb. at least not day 1 imo and then i dont want him rd 1 really. i mean id still be stoked with the pick bc he does some edge rushing, is a converted safety, and can be used all over the place, but dont we already have that kinda guy in jwill?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    he isnt a stack n shed type LB. He'd need a DL to keep him virtually clean in a 4-3. everyone sees the athleticism and him flying around, and while those things are great, it doesnt make him a mlb. at least not day 1 imo and then i dont want him rd 1 really. i mean id still be stoked with the pick bc he does some edge rushing, is a converted safety, and can be used all over the place, but dont we already have that kinda guy in jwill?
    Then most of the stack n shed guys can't play the pass....it is what it is, that's the draft.....

He needs some help on his playlist.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i think converting him back to safety to stop the run would be ideal given his size and speed...I like Te'o as a true MLB but I would not be upset with ogle tree except for the off-field issues. Our three safety defense would love this guy since technically he is both a safety And LB.

I don't think we should move Ogletree back to safety, he has already put some size; moving him to safety would be just a waist of a good player in my opinion, because ewe need more help at LB.

What we could do thou is get Amerson in the third and convert him back to safety, that would make more sense than Ogletree.

I'm with you. REALLY want this guy and have disagreed some posters' opinions of his film. I think it's pretty impressive (stops Lacy dead in his tracks, and I think it was McCallebb from Auburn he got to from behind) . I would be THRILLED to get him at #19. I also disagree that he needs help in front. He gets off of blocks well and is still improving at the position. He played in the SEC and was a star... with all the talen on the field in the SECCG, he stood out. That's impressive.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.

As much as I like his play, I do not think he has a chance of being the Giants 1st round pick. Not after that DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    As much as I like his play, I do not think he has a chance of being the Giants 1st round pick. Not after that DUI.
    I think the Giants will regret that if thats the way it plays out.