+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

If We Do Lose FA Should We Trade Down?

My question is if we do lose Boothe, and possibly some other FA should we trade down? There will probably no good OL in the draft at #19. D.J. Flucker is not worth at #19 pick; therefore, if he is the best OT available should we trade down?

Look we won't be able to re-sign all FA (I HOPE WE CAN!!) so if we do trade down, we can maybe get Flucker in the late 20s and a G/C with a 4th or maybe a 3rd round pick that we get.

What do you guys think?

don't poo poo Fluker..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    My question is if we do lose Boothe, and possibly some other FA should we trade down? There will probably no good OL in the draft at #19. D.J. Flucker is not worth at #19 pick; therefore, if he is the best OT available should we trade down?

Look we won't be able to re-sign all FA (I HOPE WE CAN!!) so if we do trade down, we can maybe get Flucker in the late 20s and a G/C with a 4th or maybe a 3rd round pick that we get.

What do you guys think?
    I am all for trading back some in the 1st rd to pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd rd. In your scenario, if we lose Boothe, maybe the Giants trade back if they had their eyes on a Cooper from North Carolina?

But I have a feeling that Reese will find some value at 19 without trading back, even if we have lost Boothe or any other free agents on your list.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

I'm not sure that your going to find someone to trade... besides it would depend who was sitting on the board that another team is really looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I'm not sure that your going to find someone to trade... besides it would depend who was sitting on the board that another team is really looking for.
    Well said.

I was looking at that earlier today. Would love to have 3 2nds, or 2 2s and 2 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I was looking at that earlier today. Would love to have 3 2nds, or 2 2s and 2 3s.
    i suggested this scenario a month ago. another way we could feasibly have that scenario if we lose cruz and add an additional 1rst. we could have a 1rst (cruz), two 2nd rd picks and two 3rd rd picks if we trade back...we'd prob be able to retool the OL AND DL and find a suitable replacement for Cruz...
    i ask myself if i just wouldnt rather that route and thank cruz for the 2 magical seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Me 2. Especially in this yrs draft more so then others.. I mean, guys going in Mid 3rd-early 4th are so closley grouped with guys going in late 1st-2nd, it'd be a great yr to rack up picks...

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Me 2. Especially in this yrs draft more so then others.. I mean, guys going in Mid 3rd-early 4th are so closley grouped with guys going in late 1st-2nd, it'd be a great yr to rack up picks...
    absolutely agree. 2nd round to 3rd so much talent and value guys

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post

What do you guys think?
    He will be gone before the 20s