+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If We Do Lose FA Should We Trade Down?

If We Do Lose FA Should We Trade Down?

My question is if we do lose Boothe, and possibly some other FA should we trade down? There will probably no good OL in the draft at #19. D.J. Flucker is not worth at #19 pick; therefore, if he is the best OT available should we trade down?

Look we won't be able to re-sign all FA (I HOPE WE CAN!!) so if we do trade down, we can maybe get Flucker in the late 20s and a G/C with a 4th or maybe a 3rd round pick that we get.

What do you guys think?

don't poo poo Fluker..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    My question is if we do lose Boothe, and possibly some other FA should we trade down? There will probably no good OL in the draft at #19. D.J. Flucker is not worth at #19 pick; therefore, if he is the best OT available should we trade down?

Look we won't be able to re-sign all FA (I HOPE WE CAN!!) so if we do trade down, we can maybe get Flucker in the late 20s and a G/C with a 4th or maybe a 3rd round pick that we get.

What do you guys think?
    I am all for trading back some in the 1st rd to pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd rd. In your scenario, if we lose Boothe, maybe the Giants trade back if they had their eyes on a Cooper from North Carolina?

But I have a feeling that Reese will find some value at 19 without trading back, even if we have lost Boothe or any other free agents on your list.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

I'm not sure that your going to find someone to trade... besides it would depend who was sitting on the board that another team is really looking for.

I was looking at that earlier today. Would love to have 3 2nds, or 2 2s and 2 3s.

Veteran

What do you guys think?
    He will be gone before the 20s

What do you guys think?
    Getting harder and harder to trade down. Has to be someone there that someone else is hot for that we don't want. Not sure at 19 if there is anyone like that.
    Get well soon 80.

If there is a "Chance" Warmack is there at 19, he should be the selection. Perfect suitor for Boothe or Snee.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    If there is a "Chance" Warmack is there at 19, he should be the selection. Perfect suitor for Boothe or Snee.
    If he's there at 19 I will be all "Claude Rains"

And I'll be impressed if someone gets that reference.
    Get well soon 80.

This is a horrible 1st round (well, not for the Giants needs) to trade up for and I can't see us getting the "mother load" unless some team gets desperate for Barkley or Manuel. I'd be a big fan of stockpiling the late 2nd to mid 3rd round range all day though.

+ Reply to Thread