+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tyrann Mathieu as a Hybrid Safety/Linebacker

Watching him play made me think that he can improve our Nascar package and multiple Safety look. He ran fast at the combine (4.43) and is a tough tough kid. Plays with a controlled reckless abandon and has good football instincts. Dieon Sanders says he can be a great outside corner but for us he can help out a lot in a free roam role.

4 reps on the bench? Why don't we just draft his sister?

After he's had a year to prepare for this combine, 4 reps on the bench speaks volumes about his work ethic.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 02-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Mathiew is a very talented football player who comes with huge character issues and no doubt he'll help the team that drafts him but the team will have to put an ankle bracelet on him to keep track of him off the field...

Warren Sapp benched 16 as a DT, now he's in the HOF, whats your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Warren Sapp benched 16 as a DT, now he's in the HOF, whats your point?
    4 reps on the bench is an embarassment. That doesn't cause you any concern at all? To me, this means that this guy has not put in one ounce of work in the weight room at all, despite not playing football and having so much time to prepare for the combine. Speaks volume about his work ethic, maturity and discipline (as if his prior problems haven't already spoken enough about those things).

If you have followed the Giants at all over the years, you would know that this is not a Giants type pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    4 reps on the bench is an embarassment. That doesn't cause you any concern at all? To me, this means that this guy has not put in one ounce of work in the weight room at all, despite not playing football and having so much time to prepare for the combine. Speaks volume about his work ethic, maturity and discipline (as if his prior problems haven't already spoken enough about those things).

If you have followed the Giants at all over the years, you would know that this is not a Giants type pick.
    Im sure being 5'9 175lbs. has a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Im sure being 5'9 175lbs. has a lot to do with it.
    So I gather that your answer is that it causes you no concern at all.

Eh, we already have Hosley as our small DB. I get the appeal with Mathieu but I don't want a precedent set where our backfield ends up becoming a bunch of smaller guys.

If you want a S/LB hybrid Shamarko Thomas would be my guy. I have been high on him for months and the guy would hit a house if the coaches asked him too. He is a hardworking high character kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    4 reps on the bench? Why don't we just draft his sister?

After he's had a year to prepare for this combine, 4 reps on the bench speaks volumes about his work ethic.
    That and I think his sister is bigger.