+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shamarko Thomas

Shamarko Thomas

I think he is going to rise up the boards very quickly if he continues to produce at the combine like he is. I knew the kid was strong but he surprised me with 28 reps on the bench which was the best at the S position and would be tied is tied for 3rd if you compare him to the LB's too. That is pretty impressive, he has said that he can run a sub 4.3 too. I had him in my mock in the 5th round I believe because I watched a lot of 'Cuse games and he was a tackling machine for them. He seemed to have a huge hit every game that I watched. I think this kid would be a nice addition to the team. I know that we have Rolle but Phillips and Brown are FA's. I like Will Hill and Sash is alright but Thomas could be a nice player who we can use in a variety of different ways like in the box or let him cover slot WR's or drop him back deep. He is compared to Quinten Mikell and I think that he is stronger than him and probably faster but adding a player like that would be a nice pick.

(youtube clip of his highlights below)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cReVg_PmrU

baby bob sanders

Actually that is a good comparison but hopefully he would be more durable than Sanders. I liked his game but he seemed like he was out constantly with injuries. I think its funny that Thomas during the offseason can be seen pushing his car in the parking lot for an exercise. The guy is an animal. I tjink he would be a freak on special teams righg away too. Has all the tools to be at least.

Virginia Beach represent!

Got the faceplant at the end of it haha. 4.37 with it is pretty nice for a 5'9 guy. Unofficial and Trufant same unofficial as Milliners 4.31. I want this kid in the first. Kid is going be a player for years to come.

I have loved this kid for months. He also did a 40 inch Vertical Jump which was best among safeties.

Kid is a freak of nature with his athletic ability. He has been doing crossfit to get in all around good shape which I can see if paying off. He lost both of his oarents during college so I really want to see him do well with all the tragedy that he has endured. Mid rounder I dont see why not scoop him up

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Kid is a freak of nature with his athletic ability. He has been doing crossfit to get in all around good shape which I can see if paying off. He lost both of his oarents during college so I really want to see him do well with all the tragedy that he has endured. Mid rounder I dont see why not scoop him up
    Agreed he is a fantastic kid. Chandler Jones said he is that hardest worker he has ever been around.
    Last edited by ozzie0075; 02-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Agreed he is a fantastic kid. Chandler Jones said he is that hardest work he has ever been around.
    I remember watching a pre game to a 'cuse game his junior year after his mom passed away and he was talking and he said she tought him to work hard until his hands and feet fall off. The kid will bust his butt and is a good listener. Imagine this kid on the coverage team on kicks and punts his first year just destroying kids haha.

Thanks for the video. He would make a great mid round selection for us and we could have a solid S corp with Brown, Hill, and Thomas. Never liked the value we've been getting from Rolle so I'd be all for getting another S in this draft because I don't see KP sticking around and don't think you can rely on TT to even make the conversion with his health. I also watched the short news clip about his family situation and it seems to be a rare thing to find small DBs without character issues these days lol.

Anyway, I'm sold.

+ Reply to Thread