+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shamarko Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Thanks for the video. He would make a great mid round selection for us and we could have a solid S corp with Brown, Hill, and Thomas. Never liked the value we've been getting from Rolle so I'd be all for getting another S in this draft because I don't see KP sticking around and don't think you can rely on TT to even make the conversion with his health. I also watched the short news clip about his family situation and it seems to be a rare thing to find small DBs without character issues these days lol.Anyway, I'm sold.
    Yeah no problem man. I think he could make a big special teams contribution his rookie year and he could be play a rolle-esque role being in the box a lot in certain sets. Brown, Hill, Thomas with some new LBs in front of them and a new CB would do wonders for our DL I think. They would get more 1 on 1 maychups and we would have a more rounded defense I think personally.

Guy is killing all the combine exercises for DBs......4.42 40 time, 28 reps on the bench, 40.5 vertical, 133.0 broad jump.

Yeah I bet if he was 6 foot or so he would be getting 1-2 round talk. Height can be overrated I think to an extent. If you can jump like he can and his arms are pretty long, I think he makes up for his lack of height for his athletic ability.

As a Cuse fan, I love the kid. Tackling machine, 100% effort all the time, good hands, smart player. He was Cuses best player all year. Last year, I said the same about Chandler Jones after the college football season. He was projected a 3rd rounder. Pats got him mid 1st. This year on CBS they project Shamarko at 6-7 round. Forget that now. I wanted him in the 5th but now he may be surging like Jones. Shamarko is the real deal. His size will scare people off, but he plays like he is 6'3''. Hard hitter.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    As a Cuse fan, I love the kid. Tackling machine, 100% effort all the time, good hands, smart player. He was Cuses best player all year. Last year, I said the same about Chandler Jones after the college football season. He was projected a 3rd rounder. Pats got him mid 1st. This year on CBS they project Shamarko at 6-7 round. Forget that now. I wanted him in the 5th but now he may be surging like Jones. Shamarko is the real deal. His size will scare people off, but he plays like he is 6'3''. Hard hitter.
    I agree I am a cuse fan as well and he is an animal. I hope we can grab him in the fourth. I mocked him in the 5th pre combine but he probably will rise to around 3-4 round I would imagine. I hope him the best, loved watching the kid play at 'cuse. He never took a play off it seemed like.

i just dont know if he fits our d. fewells already forced into cover 3 concepts bc rolle simply cant cover his 1/2 the field. we want to be a cover 2 team, at least thats what some of the more studied fans here have said. im all for drafting this kid. honestly, when a kid puts up the #'s he did,and i compare it to his tape, i dont hold it against him i actually rank him higher bc of the team/defense he was on. if hes there in the 3rd id grab him. he could be a beast in the nfl with the proper coaching
    but again, depends on what fewell wants to do on D...i think we're trying to get away from the S at the LOS as a base formation almost. i think if we go LB eearly, it could be to get back to a cover 2 d more consistently. if we dont grab a LB, we're gonna need the S around the LOS to help out with the LBs so then we could take him the 3rd...?

I think he can play in our system personally. He has the speed to help with the deep ball if we go to the 2 S look. He can run up and help against the run well even if he is not lined up in the box. He has good hands so he can make a play on the ball. He can also make people pay for going across the middle. Like Kenny Phillips did early on as a Giant. He will probably have to get used to the NFL target area on defenseless WRs. I really think him and Will Hill could be our Safeties for years to come bc I like both of their abilities to tackle and can cover pretty well too.

I just see penalty flags when I see this kid. I think fans and old school players need to recognize that the safety position has changed. This kid is a hell of a player and athlete, but the game is , in my opinion, moving away from the missile safeties.

+ Reply to Thread