+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Manti Te'o Fails To Impress at 2013 NFL Combine

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013-nfl-...ew-york-giants

Excerpt: "This was not a good day for Manti Te'o.

Questions have swirled around Te'o ever since the fake girlfriend hoax, and since he played horrendously for Notre Dame in the national championship game against Alabama. Leading up to the 2013 NFL combine most NFL Draft analysts figured that Te'o could put most of those questions about his maturity and judgment to rest by impressing on the field during the scouting combine.
    Unfortunately, that isn't what happened.

Teo' ran a mediocre 4.82 40-yard dash, which got this reaction from Baltimore Ravens' coach John Harbaugh -- a team that needs a middle linebacker:
    Thus, it was a performance that raised more questions about Te'o. Here is some of what was said on Twitter:" Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-25-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ouch 4.82 i think Chase is even faster than that, at least on Game day

is this strike 3..?

I don't think that there was ever a chance that we would take him in the first

John Harbaugh didn't appear impressed.

The guy's stock is dropping like a rock, he'll be lucky to go on the second day at this rate!

Well, I guess he better hope for a great pro day. I thought Teo might be suited for a 3-4 ILB position, but when you have a coach (John Harbaugh) shaking his head at the combine, it makes one wonder how far will he drop, and who will be the team that ultimately drafts him.

I know the 40 isnt everything, heck I remember some of the debates on the boards regarding LBs of past drafts, most recently last year with that kid from UCLA, Ayers.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

So, a 6'5" 300 plus OL ran a faster 40 than Te'o ? Not good at all.

All-Pro
    Well to be fair that OL ran better than a lot of people smaller than he is.

teo looked about as fluid as ray lewis...at age 37 or whatever he is...still, if hes there in rd 2, id grab him i really would. i still dont put all this stock in the combine and negate the body of work. i believe he could be a solid 2 down mlb. on 3rd downs move Jwill to the mike like we did with boley