+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dion Jordan Oregon

Dion Jordan is a hybrid OLB/DE Pass rusher. He is fast and athletic. He is getting shoulder surgery after the combine which could cause him to slide down. If he fell enough to the Giants at 19 would you take him?

I'm thinking a hybrid is what we do not need. What position do you see him in? DE or OLB?
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

No, we need a proven linebacker..

I'm thinking we need a LB preferably a MLB, the way we got gouged up the middle last year we need something!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I'm thinking we need a LB preferably a MLB, the way we got gouged up the middle last year we need something!
    Yeah but Te'o is really not known for being a run stuffer. Also we lost Boley so we need an outside edge rusher.

Jordan is an interesting player. I do not think that he fits our defense well because he reminds me of an Aldon Smith/Demarcus Ware type player in the future. He would need to add weight and do it w/o losing his speed which is his best quality IMO. 3-4 teams are a better fit for Jordan I think but he is an interesting player for sure.

I agree that we need more of a pure LB. Although this kid looked solid. I would still go with OL in first then look at a John Bostic in second or third. Not exciting I know but it fills a major need. Initially I was hoping Shariff Floyd was going to be there but now with the DT from Utah with a heart condition he Floyd just hit top of the list.

He could be a great steal at 19 but then again he could be Clint Sintim all over again.

Does ANYONE on this board ever consider our defensive philosophy when thinking of stuff like this? He is a 34 LB and wouldnt be a value to us in our defense. We have much more pressing needs then a speedster OLB.

Does Sintim ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Does ANYONE on this board ever consider our defensive philosophy when thinking of stuff like this? He is a 34 LB and wouldnt be a value to us in our defense. We have much more pressing needs then a speedster OLB.

Does Sintim ring any bells?
    we just need LB's, period.