+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o Fails To Impress at 2013 NFL Combine

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well to be fair that OL ran better than a lot of people smaller than he is.
    LOL ! You are right on that but Manti Te'o is rated as the No. 2 ILB in this years draft and Armstead wasn't even on radar . You would expect better from Te'o . That been said Manti is a 4.8 LB on tape and should not surprise his 40 time at the combine.

He might have tested a 4.82, but he said that we was running close to 4.5 on his preparation. He is treating with more stuff than the normal players are, he will run faster on his pro day, just chill out.

terrell suggs ran a 4.84 at the combine, would you want him on our team?

Hey I'm cool just stating the facts., it is what it is .

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    terrell suggs ran a 4.84 at the combine, would you want him on our team?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Hey I'm cool just stating the facts., it is what it is .
    it's cool and in no way am I saying te'o is suggs. Too much is made of the stats at the combine. at the end of the day can the kid play football or not? the one thing the combine does not test for is heart and desire,,you either have it or you don't.

it's cool and in no way am I saying te'o is suggs. Too much is made of the stats at the combine. at the end of the day can the kid play football or not? the one thing the combine does not test for is heart and desire,,you either have it or you don't.
    well then he for sure had it all but two games for ND all season. The BCS game where Bama abused him a d one other reg season game where he did t show up. I wouldn't question his heart and desire.. It's there for sure
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Oh I wasn't referring to your comment bro , I was answering to G_1.

This is the big question... A guy like Chase Blackburn makes up for his diminished athleticism with heart and desire (not to mention uses his football intelligence to be where the ball is going and doesn't have to chase down anyone because of it), and that's how he has somehow survived on this team for so long. I'd still take a couple other ILB in the draft over Chase at this point (my sleeper pick for the 2nd round is Kevin Minter who I had once thought could fall to the second due to low exposure, but given the character issues of other people at his position lately, may get a boost). But if it came down to either drafting Te'o or rolling with Blackburn for one more year, honestly I'd roll with Blackburn...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I see what you are saying, having Blackburn for another year would be ok. I actually like Chase he is just pure heart, but as we try to get the team young we have to get rid of the old players. I'd love to have Chase back, I think as a mentor he would be great for ant Lb that comes in the organization. If we bring back Chase I don't think there is a question, the coaches love him and he will start. I would like Te'o over Chase, because he is more athletic, Te'o might have ran a 4.82, but he is more athletic. What really put Te'o over Chase for me is that Te'o is a playmaker. He had 7 interceptions this past year, this guy can make some plays and change the outcome of a game. Don't get me wrong Chase is the heart and souls of our defense, but I don't think he has the ability to improve it, in my opinion Te'o does.

+ Reply to Thread