+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/26 Mock Draft

2/26 Mock Draft

1st Round - Kawann Short Purdue DT 6'3 300: Short has a nice combination of quickness and strength. He would be a good fit as a three-technique pass-rusher.
    2nd Round - Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State 6'0 190: Good experience in zone coverage, would work well in cover 2.
    3rd Round - Sio Moore Connecticut LB 6'1 245: Needs to put on some weight, but could become a productive starting SAM linebacker.
    4th Round - Brian Winters Kent State OG 6'4 320: Is tough and has good technique. Is a former wrestler which is great for a lineman!
    5th Round - Vance McDonald Rice TE 6'4 267: Had a great combine. Has strenght, speed, and can catch.
    6th Round - Joe Kruge DE Utah 6'7 280: Very impressive size. Athletic. Long arms. Plays with power.
    7th Round - Jasper Collins WR Mount Union 6'0 190: Very fast and runs good routes.

Any thoughts?

I like the Short pick. Poyer is good too in the second, good size and looked good at the senior bowl. Winters i liked at first, but only put up 9 reps at the combine i believe, similar to Mike Adams @ the combine last season..i'd go 6th round on winters. In the 7th i'd take Connor Vernon of Duke over Collins.

@ BlessedinBlue - Thanks for the input! I know winters had a rough time with the bench reps. He said he had "craps" or something. Im interested in seeing what he does on his pro day. I have to take a look at Connor Vernon.

I wish I could have saw Short at the combine.. I love 2-7 though, lots of value.. not sold on Short at #19..

Winters, Poyer & Kruger are guys I've mocked to the Giants also..

No OT picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    No OT picks?
    Why? We have Beatty, DD, Brewer, McCants and Mosely. OT only becomes an issue if they don't resign Beatty (unless they really don't have faith in any of the other guys).

Also Brian Winters is both an OG and OT prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Why? We have Beatty, DD, Brewer, McCants and Mosely. OT only becomes an issue if they don't resign Beatty (unless they really don't have faith in any of the other guys).
    Only one of those 5 is any good... DD is beyond done, Brewer is so bad he can't even beat out DD (otherwise we would have actually used him last year), and McCantBlock is largely a career PS man. Only one I hold out any hope for is Mosley, but even then that's shaky. Need to shore up that RT position if we want to protect Eli at all. With Beatty, OT falls short only of inside LB as the most important position to shore up. If Beatty walks, we need to spend significant amounts of draft on the O-line...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-27-2013 at 03:12 PM.

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Only one of those 5 is any good... DD is beyond done, Brewer is so bad he can't even beat out DD (otherwise we would have actually used him last year), and McCantBlock is largely a career PS man. Only one I hold out any hope for is Mosley, but even then that's shaky. Need to shore up that RT position if we want to protect Eli at all. With Beatty, OT falls short only of inside LB as the most important position to shore up. If Beatty walks, we need to spend significant amounts of draft on the O-line...
    We shall see what direction they go (in about 8 weeks )

No OT picks?

The major offensive line position Im worried about is right tackle. In the first, I dont see Johnson or Fisher dropping to 19 and I do not want Fluker personally. I think its high for him. Besides if we take wilson over glenn, I have a hard time seeing the giants picking Flucker at 19. I was trying to get a tackle in the third, maybe Kyle Long, Oday Aboush, or Justin Pugh. Take a linebacker with the 2nd and CB in the fourth?

"not sold on Short at #19.."
    My thinking on this Carter was the giants need to pick a lineman (Off or Def) in the first. I believe Joeckle, Fisher, Johnson are gone as well as Star, Richardson, and Floyd. Maybe a DE falls, but in all honesty I dont think first round pick is going to blow anyones mind this yr IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We shall see what direction they go (in about 8 weeks )
    Fair enough... the recent Beatty re-signing is music to my ears, but we still have a long way to go before we can have an OL that can punch people in the mouth again.

As far as I'm concerned there's only 6 guys that we need to prioritize: Eli and the 5 guys in front of him. Eli will make it work as long as he has time to throw and doesn't have to concentrate on evading rushers given up by DD all the time...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.