+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?

“We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who drafted a character risk in corner Jayron Hosley a year ago. “We’ll investigate it and we’ll see how it goes.”

If Te'o I still available by the time they get to pick 19 I think he'll be a Giant and I don't disagree because we need a linebackers badly!!

I don't know. After his combine it looks like Chase may be more athletic than he is in his current form. Plus, they're saying size wise(at the combine he came in at 6011 and 241lbs.) he is more apt for the outside. Now, apparently, the questions surrounding him are not whether his heart is in football or anything similar to that...it is his sexual preference. I think there may be too much of a black cloud around this guy for the the normally media savvy Giants to take a chance on.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 02-26-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Bench Player
    Well Reese already said he thinks the whole "catfishing" thing was blown outta proportion...and just because a player doesn't do well in the combine its not really a big deal, that means he'll probably drop down further in the draft but it still won't negate his natural ability to perform as far as the whole sexual preference goes...who cares if he's a sack chaser just keep it to himself and he'll be fine.......

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
    Well Reese already said he thinks the whole "catfishing" thing was blown outta proportion...and just because a player doesn't do well in the combine its not really a big deal, that means he'll probably drop down further in the draft but it still won't negate his natural ability to perform as far as the whole sexual preference goes...who cares if he's a sack chaser just keep it to himself and he'll be fine.......
    Why ask the question if you already have the answer in your mind? Just pointing out the issues that tell me no, they won't take him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I don't know. After his combine it looks like Chase may be more athletic than he is in his current form. Plus, they're saying size wise(at the combine he came in at 6011 and 241lbs.) he is more apt for the outside. Now, apparently, the questions surrounding him are not whether his heart is in football or anything similar to that...it is his sexual preference. I think there may be too much of a black cloud around this guy for the the normally media savvy Giants to take a chance on.
    haha Chase 2.0

I don't see it..

Ton of guys I'd rather have at LB than Te'o from this draft. The underrated Arthur Brown from Kansas State, speedy Zaviar Gooden from Mizzou, or the versatile Jamie Collins from Southern Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Ton of guys I'd rather have at LB than Te'o from this draft. The underrated Arthur Brown from Kansas State, speedy Zaviar Gooden from Mizzou, or the versatile Jamie Collins from Southern Miss.
    I'd rather see Kevin Minter in blue to be honest. Yeah he posted about the same time in the 40 as Te'o, but he had pretty much zero of the character issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Teo will be around in the later rounds and the GMEN might take a shot, don't think a lot of teams think he can be a real impact player in the NFL, good but is not going to go early.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'd rather see Kevin Minter in blue to be honest. Yeah he posted about the same time in the 40 as Te'o, but he had pretty much zero of the character issues...
    Really good against the run but I think he's going to be thoroughly owned in coverage at the NFL level.