+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?

Bench Player

Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?

“We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who drafted a character risk in corner Jayron Hosley a year ago. “We’ll investigate it and we’ll see how it goes.”

If Te'o I still available by the time they get to pick 19 I think he'll be a Giant and I don't disagree because we need a linebackers badly!!

I don't know. After his combine it looks like Chase may be more athletic than he is in his current form. Plus, they're saying size wise(at the combine he came in at 6011 and 241lbs.) he is more apt for the outside. Now, apparently, the questions surrounding him are not whether his heart is in football or anything similar to that...it is his sexual preference. I think there may be too much of a black cloud around this guy for the the normally media savvy Giants to take a chance on.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 02-26-2013 at 10:04 AM.

I don't see it..

Ton of guys I'd rather have at LB than Te'o from this draft. The underrated Arthur Brown from Kansas State, speedy Zaviar Gooden from Mizzou, or the versatile Jamie Collins from Southern Miss.

Eh..this was his moment to prove people wrong from his bad play in the BCS title game and he looked very very average.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Banned
    At 19, no thanks.

Bench Player
    Well Reese already said he thinks the whole "catfishing" thing was blown outta proportion...and just because a player doesn't do well in the combine its not really a big deal, that means he'll probably drop down further in the draft but it still won't negate his natural ability to perform as far as the whole sexual preference goes...who cares if he's a sack chaser just keep it to himself and he'll be fine.......

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
    “We’re more interested in what kind of football player he is than anything else,” said Reese, who drafted a character risk in corner Jayron Hosley a year ago. “We’ll investigate it and we’ll see how it goes.”

If Te'o I still available by the time they get to pick 19 I think he'll be a Giant and I don't disagree because we need a linebackers badly!!
    So you want a drama queen who underperformed at the Combine and got absolutely abused during the BCS Championship.

And yet, sadly, this may very well be an improvement to our current LB corps.

No way with our first pick though. In the third round or later, tops (and I still don't want him ... I'd rather have Arthur Brown).

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
    Well Reese already said he thinks the whole "catfishing" thing was blown outta proportion...and just because a player doesn't do well in the combine its not really a big deal, that means he'll probably drop down further in the draft but it still won't negate his natural ability to perform as far as the whole sexual preference goes...who cares if he's a sack chaser just keep it to himself and he'll be fine.......
    Why ask the question if you already have the answer in your mind? Just pointing out the issues that tell me no, they won't take him.

It's not the off the field stuff for me. The way I see it is that there are a decent amount of other LBs who have superior sideline to sideline speed (which was sorely missed in our games against the Redskins) and offer more than just the usual 4-3 LB package too. Collins can play with his hand in the dirt and be a force for us rushing the passer on 3rd down. Gooden's athleticism will allow us to use him to cover more speedy players than Te'o could.

Te'o seems like a cool dude but he has 3-4 written all over him.

+ Reply to Thread