+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop discussing 3-4 or 4-3 players....

Stop discussing 3-4 or 4-3 players....

Football is football! Athletes are athletes! Talent is talent! If a guy like Demarcus Ware was put on our defense, he would still continue to dominate. His athleticism provides the coaching staff to use him in so many ways. Dion Jordan is a guy that I have heard a lot of buzz and if he were to fall to #19, no way the Giants pass on him. He is a gifted athlete that can rush the QB and can drop into coverage. So many joker reporters try to pin a guy as only being a good fit in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. If the player is talented and willing to be a student of the game, than they can be effective and excel.

Some people just have no creativity. If he played a 3-4 in college most posters seem to think that's all he can do in the NFL.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-26-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    AMEN! Some people just have no creativity. If he played a 3-4 in college most posters seem to think that's all he can do in the NFL.
    Seriously. Basketball players/track athletes with little football experience can play in the NFL yet some people wanna say that a guy can't play in a certain scheme. Ridiculous.

Really special athletes yes but not all 4-3 ends can play OLB in a 3-4 well. Just because u can stick a guy in a certain area doesnt mean that its the best idea to do so. Its really more about what the team is asking the player to do inside the defense then the label of position or scheme
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-26-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Really special athletes yes but not all 4-3 ends can play OLB in a 3-4 well. Just because u can stick a guy in a certain area doesnt mean that its the best idea to do so. Its really more about what the team is asking the player to do inside the defense then the label of position or scheme
    I do agree that it takes a special athlete/player. I just get frustrated when a player is pegged as only being able to play in one type of defense. Patrick Willis plays in a 3-4 defense and excels. Patrick Willis would excel in any defense. Justin Tuck excels in our 4-3 defensive front, but I also think he would excel in a 3-4 defensive front.

Consider this.... two players line up against one another. Both are 6'5" 275 lbs and they have all the same physical attributes. What separates them? HEART, PASSION, SMARTS AND THE DESIRE TO WANT IT MORE. Those are football players and those are the players that the Giants need to target.

My First Round Hopefuls:
    - Alec Ogletree
    - Dion Jordan
    - DJ Fluker
    - Jonathan Banks
    - Shariff Floyd

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    I do agree that it takes a special athlete/player. I just get frustrated when a player is pegged as only being able to play in one type of defense. Patrick Willis plays in a 3-4 defense and excels. Patrick Willis would excel in any defense. Justin Tuck excels in our 4-3 defensive front, but I also think he would excel in a 3-4 defensive front.

Consider this.... two players line up against one another. Both are 6'5" 275 lbs and they have all the same physical attributes. What separates them? HEART, PASSION, SMARTS AND THE DESIRE TO WANT IT MORE. Those are football players and those are the players that the Giants need to target.

My First Round Hopefuls:
    - Alec Ogletree
    - Dion Jordan
    - DJ Fluker
    - Jonathan Banks
    - Shariff Floyd
    I dont want to be a mood killer but the majority of all football players have the passion, smart and desire but not all of them can be the best. There will be only one LT not only because of all the attributes you ve listed but what separates the best from the rest is just pure overall talent- some football players have a higher ceiling than others.

Quote Originally Posted by evojutsu View Post
    I dont want to be a mood killer but the majority of all football players have the passion, smart and desire but not all of them can be the best. There will be only one LT not only because of all the attributes you ve listed but what separates the best from the rest is just pure overall talent- some football players have a higher ceiling than others.
    I respectfully disagree with you. Jamarcus Russell had more physical talent than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and the rest of the bunch. However, he had no heart, no passion, clearly not smart and did not want to play football.

Also, your statement about "some football players have a higher ceiling than others". That is just another way of saying some players WANT IT MORE.

Couldn't disagree more. If you think players are all crated equal in terms of defensive philosophy you need to do more homework. All players have strengths and weaknesses. You put players where they can use their strengths while minimizing their weakness. This isn't Madden.

Athletes are not created equal. This thread is ignorant beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. If you think players are all crated equal in terms of defensive philosophy you need to do more homework. All players have strengths and weaknesses. You put players where they can use their strengths while minimizing their weakness. This isn't Madden.

Athletes are not created equal. This thread is ignorant beyond belief.
    Yes.. saying "If the player is talented and willing to be a student of the game, than they can be effective and excel." is ignorant. Saying that there are talented players that are not limited to specific schemes isn't ignorant... I'd say it's a fact. (I wouldn't say that goes for ALL football players necessarily)

I don't necessarily agree with ceiling referring to guys that just want it more. Unfortunately some guys are just more gifted physically and have a higher ceiling because of those gifts. I agree with the OP though, a lot of these guys are just football players that would be effective in any scheme.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-26-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Football is football! Athletes are athletes! Talent is talent! If a guy like Demarcus Ware was put on our defense, he would still continue to dominate. His athleticism provides the coaching staff to use him in so many ways. Dion Jordan is a guy that I have heard a lot of buzz and if he were to fall to #19, no way the Giants pass on him. He is a gifted athlete that can rush the QB and can drop into coverage. So many joker reporters try to pin a guy as only being a good fit in a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. If the player is talented and willing to be a student of the game, than they can be effective and excel.
    Clint Sintim

/thread

+ Reply to Thread