+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Rhodes

I like Rhodes at #19..

Veteran
    Think the Reese will use a 3rd #1 pick on a CB in 6 years? Especially considering we dropped a 3rd round pick on one last year?

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Think the Reese will use a 3rd #1 pick on a CB in 6 years? Especially considering we dropped a 3rd round pick on one last year?
    Yes.

I'm getting worried all the guys I want won't be available this year. Rhodes will clearly be the 2nd corner off the board, Ansah will go top 12 (most likely), Lane (3rd OT) will likely be gone, Ogletree has the red flags...

Right now it's looking like the best players available will be Jonathon Cooper, Sheldon Richardson, Alex Okafor or DJ Fluker (guys I can see being on the Giants big board). If Star's heart condition really is an issue that just makes it worse for the Giants cause that drops one less guy taken ahead of them.

If it plays out like this I really hope the Giants trade down.

titiwo, i kinda disagree. i think all these guys solidifying a top 10 or 15 pick means a guy is gonna drop, like prince. could be a top 10 prospect who has a questionable measurement/trait like not long arms (iirc thats what made prince drop or it may have been the lack of ints but that was really only his final year, he had ints the seasons before w/o issues)...i think the first 2 rounds are gonna have solid players throughout regardless, but i wouldnt be surprised in the least, actually i expect it really after the combine and how many under the radar/borderline type guys put up huge combine #s. a lot of players who would have been 3-7 rd picks based on tape are going to go much much earlier bc of the combine...honestly, im just excited to see which one it is that drops...u know, it could very well be L.Johnson OT or even a Mingo...

now that i think about it, id bet money ogeltree will be there at 19 bc of the off field stuff and the so so combine performance. thats gonna be so interesting to see what jr does...50/50 hed take him/trade back

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm getting worried all the guys I want won't be available this year. Rhodes will clearly be the 2nd corner off the board, Ansah will go top 12 (most likely), Lane (3rd OT) will likely be gone, Ogletree has the red flags...

Right now it's looking like the best players available will be Jonathon Cooper, Sheldon Richardson, Alex Okafor or DJ Fluker (guys I can see being on the Giants big board). If Star's heart condition really is an issue that just makes it worse for the Giants cause that drops one less guy taken ahead of them.

If it plays out like this I really hope the Giants trade down.
    AH finally some sense..I will be thrilled to hear J Cooper's name in our slot!

If teams go QB crazy again with Geno and Barkley....maybe even Glennon (never know, it happened with Gabbert, Ponder and Locker) that would be great for the Giants.

Rhodes isnt nearly as physical as he should be at 6'2 210... He likes to hit/tackle, but he does not like taking on blockers, and WRs that are much smaller than him get him off balance on occasion with their hands.

He is all around pretty poor with his hands, both jamming and stacking/shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Rhodes isnt nearly as physical as he should be at 6'2 210... He likes to hit/tackle, but he does not like taking on blockers, and WRs that are much smaller than him get him off balance on occasion with their hands.

He is all around pretty poor with his hands, both jamming and stacking/shedding.
    I agree he isn't the most physical corner but his cover skills might be the best in the class. He's a guy you can leave on an island and feel good about. He's also good in zone. That along with his height/size is enough for me. The Giants can always coach him up on his technique for the areas he lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I agree he isn't the most physical corner but his cover skills might be the best in the class. He's a guy you can leave on an island and feel good about. He's also good in zone. That along with his height/size is enough for me. The Giants can always coach him up on his technique for the areas he lacks.
    Well he has so much length he can really shut down most passing lanes. Physically he does remind me a lot of Prince, just a lot more arm length, and a bit less physical.

+ Reply to Thread