+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Think the Reese will use a 3rd #1 pick on a CB in 6 years? Especially considering we dropped a 3rd round pick on one last year?
    As the saying goes, " Can't have enough cover CB or pass rushers " .
    That been said I expect the BPA at DE, DL, OL, CB or LB with the 19 th pick.

My ideal situation has always been to let Webster finish out his final year while drafting Rhodes. As much as I like Rhodes as a prospect and felt that he had the most upside, I'd be nervous with him starting day 1 as he got away with a lot in college that he won't be able to at the next level. With a few years fine-tuning, I think he can be a very good corner in the NFL.

isnt rhodes issue that he isnt much of a run defender? not sure that works with this D, the coreners have to be able to tackle as well as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    isnt rhodes issue that he isnt much of a run defender? not sure that works with this D, the coreners have to be able to tackle as well as cover.
    He will tackle, but he is not really willing to throw his body in there in a pile or against an OL or anyone significantly larger than him. Occasionally he will do it, but not enough

Yes, everything I have read seems to mention run support is not a strong point. I think that takes him out of the equation for us. Trufant is more our kinda guy IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Yes, everything I have read seems to mention run support is not a strong point. I think that takes him out of the equation for us. Trufant is more our kinda guy IMHO.
    Trufant is even less physical than Rhodes. And his tackling leaves much to be desired.

I trust Reese to choose the right corner..He selected TT and Prince, Ross was awesome his first year, with the superman TD's lol. I believe he was a big part of our superbowl run, then injured his shoulder in the playoffs. Drafting Rhodes with Prince would create a lot of coverage sacks.

I really like jonathan banks if he falls to us. I think he fits the giants D well. but I also think there are some good corners in the 2nd and 3rd so most likely no CB selected at 19.

I really like jonathan banks if he falls to us. I think he fits the giants D well. but I also think there are some good corners in the 2nd and 3rd so most likely no CB selected at 19.
    It would be awesome if Banks ended up sliding to the Giants in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    It would be awesome if Banks ended up sliding to the Giants in the 2nd.
    yeah it would but I think he goes very early 2nd if not the 1st where he will most likely go.

+ Reply to Thread