+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft MLB

All-Pro
    So have the giants totally given up on Herzlich as a starter. Have they deemed him an official bust?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    So have the giants totally given up on Herzlich as a starter. Have they deemed him an official bust?
    I don't think so but I doubt the Giants see him as a MLB in the near future.

cant really be a bust when youre undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    cant really be a bust when youre undrafted.
    Yeah lol. People misuse bust all the time. No such thing as a 7th round bust lol.. People expect all late round picks to be pro bowlers around here. A bust is a top pick that does nothing.

with how the combine played out, a lot of under the radar guys earned at the least 1rst rd attention. a lot of guys outside the top 25 or even 10 i bet, jumped up with their combines.
    and i believe it will lead to a top 10 prospect falling similar to how prince fell. i think a flaw/red flag is going to cause the player to drop, and honestly atm, that player imo is ogeltree. he had a very so so combine for what was expected. all the off the field stuff. he still displayed top 10 talent, top 15 talent, but I bet he falls.

If he does, I dont know if JR jumps on it like he did Prince. People thought prince had avg arm length at best iirc, there were rumors about play making ability bc of the lack of ints his final year, but i think that was just fan analysis as the years prior he had sme nice ints...anyways, prince didnt have off field issues, if anything it was a pro what with his family history and all...Ogeltree will drop, maybe we can trade back. I believe the first 2, 2 and a half rds are gonna be chock full of players that could have been thought as a top 20 prospect...

and ogeltree wont be starting at mlb for a year i'd bet anyways, maybe OLB, but did u see the talent this draft at DL/LB? Could get a ton of guys who can flat jump out the gym up to the mid rounds...

both have character issues. I am leaning more for OT, possibly Fluker, or a solid DT.

Veteran
    dude is solid...as a backup

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    dude is solid...as a backup
    He is not solid as a backup. He was absolutely awful when he came in for Chase last year.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    with how the combine played out, a lot of under the radar guys earned at the least 1rst rd attention. a lot of guys outside the top 25 or even 10 i bet, jumped up with their combines.
    and i believe it will lead to a top 10 prospect falling similar to how prince fell. i think a flaw/red flag is going to cause the player to drop, and honestly atm, that player imo is ogeltree. he had a very so so combine for what was expected. all the off the field stuff. he still displayed top 10 talent, top 15 talent, but I bet he falls.

If he does, I dont know if JR jumps on it like he did Prince. People thought prince had avg arm length at best iirc, there were rumors about play making ability bc of the lack of ints his final year, but i think that was just fan analysis as the years prior he had sme nice ints...anyways, prince didnt have off field issues, if anything it was a pro what with his family history and all...Ogeltree will drop, maybe we can trade back. I believe the first 2, 2 and a half rds are gonna be chock full of players that could have been thought as a top 20 prospect...
    I agree that there is a good chance that a player will fall into our lap at 19.

I disagree that the Giants would ever take a guy with character concerns like Ogeltree (who also apparently bombed his interviews at the combine) in the first round.