+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

After Combine Mock- nycsportzfan

I'm not gonna get to crazy by what happened at the combine but some guys i like raised and alittle and some stayed the same and dropped...etc Anyhow, heres my mock after the combine...

1). Damontre Moore OLB/DE Texas A&M- This value is just to great to pass up.. Giants get alot of value picks through all rds usually, even though it dosen't mean it always works out because players sometimes bust that were good value picks.. All u can do is pick the value and hope... We can do many diffrent things with Moore, and i think we can make it work and he was a beast on the field last yr, where it counts...

2). Darius Slay CB Miss St- Everyone knows i liked em alot coming in and for awhile, and he raised his stock from where i had em into 2nd rd range.. he might even be gone here.. Athletic, long, ballkills, and fast!

3). Vance McDonald TE Rice- I love this kid! This kid looks good running with the ball in his hands and is tough to take down, redzone threat, that can split out to the slot , play on inline, or as H-Back type... Hes strong and solid blocker who should get better with his strength and size... He and Eli would be awesome!

4). Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Disruptive playmaking DE, whos strengths would play nice to big burly Linval Joseph...

5). JC Tretter G Cornell- This kids athletic former TE who has some upside still.. Tough kid...

6). Earl Wolff S/CB NC State- One of my sleepers since wk 1.. A leader on the field with much expierence and is tough run defender with some ballskills...

7). Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- Alot of expierence, and athletic kid who could be a good backup and possible starter....

This draft is amazing. I like Moore a lot too, put up crazy numbers against great competition.

Not sold on Moore at 19 -- 12 reps on the bench and a 4.95 40 at the combine . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Not sold on Moore at 19 -- 12 reps on the bench and a 4.95 40 at the combine . . . . .
    Hencce, the only reason we'd have a chance at getting em.. This guy was going number 2overall the last 3months becasue of what he did on the field.. I'm not gonna over reacct and say he fell all the way to 19th overall becasue of some workout drills.. The value is amazing and this guy could end up being the steal of teh draft at 19 if Fewell can find ways to use him, which i think he could.. Turn em loose and let em get at the QB..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hencce, the only reason we'd have a chance at getting em.. This guy was going number 2overall the last 3months becasue of what he did on the field.. I'm not gonna over reacct and say he fell all the way to 19th overall becasue of some workout drills.. The value is amazing and this guy could end up being the steal of teh draft at 19 if Fewell can find ways to use him, which i think he could.. Turn em loose and let em get at the QB..
    To me, a poor performance on the bench like that is usually a red flag about the guys discipline and work habits. I would be careful drafting a guy with questionable discipline and work habits.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    To me, a poor performance on the bench like that is usually a red flag about the guys discipline and work habits. I would be careful drafting a guy with questionable discipline and work habits.
    Ya, i don't over think any event in the combine.. Bench press dosen't allow anything from his lower half, where Moores explosiveness comes from... Hes very instinctive as well, and when he gets to the QB, has great technique ala OSI in smashing his arm down on the ball causing fumbles... Again, at pick 19, ur not getting better value...

Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    This draft is amazing. I like Moore a lot too, put up crazy numbers against great competition.
    Ya i get a kick outta everyone knocking him so much for a combine performance. He tore up the best the country had to offer on the field, and now has a bone to pick with his stock dropping... This guy is explosive on the field and catches Olineman off guard, and is a well built athlete.. I'll take this value all day long!

I like Slay opposite Prince with Hosley as the Nickel.. Thats a physical, athletic trio right there.. Jordan Hill can generate pass rush from the inside, and Tretter is a athletic former TE who came in over 300lbs to combine and has some upside and might be able to play Center as well... Wolff can defend the pass and is a solid sized thumper whos a on field leader with the wolfpack.. Hawkinson has alot of expierence and athletic abilty... McDonald is a versatile weapon who will give LB's a hard time, and also can play some H-back and line up in the slot... Eli and McDonald could be lethal with Cruz and nicks on the outside..

Thanks by the way!

How are you on Wreh-Wilson? I like him, if we went CB in the first I'm liking Trufant.

How are you on Wreh-Wilson? I like him, if we went CB in the first I'm liking Trufant.
    me like Trufant..