+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    Nice mock.

Quick on the McDonald in the 3rd.

If we somehow resign MB, would you still grab McDonald there?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm not gonna get to crazy by what happened at the combine but some guys i like raised and alittle and some stayed the same and dropped...etc Anyhow, heres my mock after the combine...

1). Damontre Moore OLB/DE Texas A&M- This value is just to great to pass up.. Giants get alot of value picks through all rds usually, even though it dosen't mean it always works out because players sometimes bust that were good value picks.. All u can do is pick the value and hope... We can do many diffrent things with Moore, and i think we can make it work and he was a beast on the field last yr, where it counts...

2). Darius Slay CB Miss St- Everyone knows i liked em alot coming in and for awhile, and he raised his stock from where i had em into 2nd rd range.. he might even be gone here.. Athletic, long, ballkills, and fast!

3). Vance McDonald TE Rice- I love this kid! This kid looks good running with the ball in his hands and is tough to take down, redzone threat, that can split out to the slot , play on inline, or as H-Back type... Hes strong and solid blocker who should get better with his strength and size... He and Eli would be awesome!

4). Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Disruptive playmaking DE, whos strengths would play nice to big burly Linval Joseph...

5). JC Tretter G Cornell- This kids athletic former TE who has some upside still.. Tough kid...

6). Earl Wolff S/CB NC State- One of my sleepers since wk 1.. A leader on the field with much expierence and is tough run defender with some ballskills...

7). Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- Alot of expierence, and athletic kid who could be a good backup and possible starter....
    Hey good mock!

1) Love the Moore pick, he might noot have put great numbers but he is extremely talented.
    2) I doubt he will be gone by then, I have him as a early third round guy. He did really good at the combine but I still have Banks, Poyer, Trufant and Alford ahead of him.
    3)I really like Vance, but I think we have more needs to fill in the third.
    4) LOVE this pick!
    5)Solid pick good depth.
    6)Man I love this, didn't heard much of him after the combine, but after seeing his fluid hips he got my attention.
    7)Also good Depth

OVERALL: Like your draft fills the needs, but I would like to see more O-Line coming out of the early rounds. OT is a big need that we have to address before the 7th round.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hencce, the only reason we'd have a chance at getting em.. This guy was going number 2overall the last 3months becasue of what he did on the field.. I'm not gonna over reacct and say he fell all the way to 19th overall becasue of some workout drills.. The value is amazing and this guy could end up being the steal of teh draft at 19 if Fewell can find ways to use him, which i think he could.. Turn em loose and let em get at the QB..
    To me, a poor performance on the bench like that is usually a red flag about the guys discipline and work habits. I would be careful drafting a guy with questionable discipline and work habits.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    To me, a poor performance on the bench like that is usually a red flag about the guys discipline and work habits. I would be careful drafting a guy with questionable discipline and work habits.
    Ya, i don't over think any event in the combine.. Bench press dosen't allow anything from his lower half, where Moores explosiveness comes from... Hes very instinctive as well, and when he gets to the QB, has great technique ala OSI in smashing his arm down on the ball causing fumbles... Again, at pick 19, ur not getting better value...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Hey good mock!

1) Love the Moore pick, he might noot have put great numbers but he is extremely talented.
    2) I doubt he will be gone by then, I have him as a early third round guy. He did really good at the combine but I still have Banks, Poyer, Trufant and Alford ahead of him.
    3)I really like Vance, but I think we have more needs to fill in the third.
    4) LOVE this pick!
    5)Solid pick good depth.
    6)Man I love this, didn't heard much of him after the combine, but after seeing his fluid hips he got my attention.
    7)Also good Depth

OVERALL: Like your draft fills the needs, but I would like to see more O-Line coming out of the early rounds. OT is a big need that we have to address before the 7th round.
    Ya, I got no problem filling OT earlier eitehr, its just a matter of what positon of need u want to ignore? I'm thinking about guys like James Brewer and Brandon Mosley as 2 guys who were good value picks that have expierence in the NFL now and should be ready to be given a role and or starter spot.. Brewer is a athletic 330lb OT who was raw coming out and we knew was gonna need time to develop, and in this paticular case, he would be given the regins at RT, and Tretter could be a Swing G with chance to help out at Center as well... Hawkinson was a perdicted 1st rd propect a couple yrs ago, and had a really good career at Kanasas, and i think will make a team and be valuable depth...

We all value diffrent things.. I like athletic, instinctive, versatile players, and at times i really like to try and get value, which i think my mock does with Moore, Hill, Tretter, and Wolff... McDonald and Slay are 2guys i always felt were underrated and they boosted there stocks for me in the combine alittle bit more... McDonald would finally end our search for longtime starting TE.. THis kid can flat out play.. He can line up everywhere, and is great for a TE of his size with ball in his hands, and tough to take down after the catch, and could develop into a monster redzone threat for ELI... Hes one of the players that has truly grown on me, and i don't care what positons seem like need, i want him on our team!

Quote Originally Posted by Evo'Ed View Post
    Nice mock.

Quick on the McDonald in the 3rd.

If we somehow resign MB, would you still grab McDonald there?
    Depends on what we resigned em to yr wise.. If it was a 2yr or less contract, yes... If it was a 3yr deal or more, maybe i would pass up and go with something like this

1. d.moore
    2. d.slay
    3. K.Greene/ Sio Moore/ Mallichiah Goodman/ Brennan Williams
    4. j.hill
    5. jc tretter
    6. e. wolff
    7. t.hawkinson
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 02-27-2013 at 07:55 AM.