+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bennett

Sad to here, he really fit into this scheme and the New York really well.

Yeah that's sad because is a damn good player but we've to let him walk if we want to sign guys like Beatty or Cruz.
    I was mad when we signed him not because he didn't suceed at Dallas but because of his contrat, easy to say after his season but i'd prefer a 2-3y deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    According to Mike Garafolo on twitter:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo I think Bennett is gonna walk. Just a guess based on hearing they're doing research on other TEs avail.

Don't know what to think anymore, I thought for sure they were going to re-sign him. If they do decide to let him walk I hope its at least to get Cruz, Nicks and Beatty signed long term. I wasn't thrilled when we brought him in last year, but the black unicorn has become one of my favorite players.
    Reese knows what he has in Robinson and, as you point out, he has other fish to fry. If he believes Robinson can replace Bennett then it makes sense to let Bennett go. It makes me nervous though as that's the OLine we desperately need to find bodies for. Maybe signing Pascoe early on was a signal.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Bennett was a give a 1 years prove it deal. And he showed that he was a very good TE which may have priced out of what the Giants can pay. Nicks, Cruz and Beatty all need to get paid first. You can always find a productive TE for cheap, Bennett, Boss and Ballard all proved that.
    Bennett is the # 1 TE in FA.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I'd love to see Bennett return, but Reese is not about to pay a lot for a TE. I've been saying it all along that I don't think we can afford Bennett, especially if JR really thinks Robinson is the JPP of TEs. And we do have the Pontiff of TE coaches to bring him along.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I wonder if this is where we start learning about the "JPP of tight ends"...
    I think it has everything to do with A.Robinson. Fact of the matter is: If Eli really IS Elite, we should be able to stick anyone at TE and Eli will manufacture yards based on match-ups at the very least. He did it with an unathletic Ballard, unproven Bennett and he'll do it with Robinson too.

I don't see this as a sign of them targeting Eifert or Ertz.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Because Reese has made a mess of the books.
    Actually, we are in much better cap shape than many other teams who have solid, respected front offices (like the Steelers and the Ravens). Would you prefer that we sign only crappy players to cheap deals, have $50M in space under the salary cap and lose every game?

I do not think that losing Bennett will affect our team in the least.

I think the Giants won't miss a beat if they can't get Bennett re-signed but I'll be sorry to see him go. He brought some talent and is fun to have on the team.

I think Tampa is going to price Bennett out range. They're in need of a TE, have the cap space and atm, have his brother. Unfortunately, the Giants don't have the cap space to compete and probably don't have the cap space to bring his brother in which is something that he has talked about wanting.

I'm hoping the Giants find a way to make it work because I always thought that Bennett was a good TE when he was in Dallas but was heavily overshadowed by The Witten Fan Club president, Tromo, not getting him the ball.

+ Reply to Thread