+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

NY YANKEES 2013 Season

Can someone explain to me why the Yankees have decided to put crap on the field this season. For the 1st time in 20 years we go into a Season with no shot at winning a World Series. I didn't renew my ticket package this season. If Hal isnt going to put the best team on the field then im not paying that price for tickets. This team gets older and older with no injection of young talent. I get they want to reduce payroll but what happens when they do. Are they just going to go with a bare bones roster and sign every FA in 1 offseason U cant build a team like that.
    I dont understand why Yankee fans are punished because Hal gave Arod a stupid contract that no 1 would of gave him. The majority of Yankee fans wanted him gone when he opted out. WTH are they doing at catcher are catchers are the worst in baseball. How are the Yanks scoring runs this season? They may be buried in May with Granderson out. I think this team could finish in last place in the AL East. Please someone tell me why this team will be better next year either as well. They dont want to spend money anymore . I wonder how Jeter and MO feel about their last seasons spent on a team that cant win for the 1st time in his career. Mo will retire they decided to let Soriano go which was fing stupid.

The only thing i can say is this yr is gonna make us really sit back and realize how lucky we were to have a owner like "the boss" running the show all those yrs.. His kids are punks and don't have nearly the same gusto and exubrence for this team as there pops did..

I think Cashman is worried the soft cap that MLB has in place may convert to a hard cap like the NFL has. To be fair, the soft cap is what's killing baseball, but it means the yankees can't afford to overpay people like Arod (ugh)... Oh, and Alex Rodriguez shares initials with another overpaid guy we all know...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

.500 team this year. If this team isnt signing Granderson they need to trade him for prospects. It scares me this franchise wants to go Minor Leagues with them not producing quality position players. Yankees are in the worst place to be ,Having an old team that cant win. People think im over exaggerating here but the future over the next 3 seasons looks very ,very dark for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    .500 team this year. If this team isnt signing Granderson they need to trade him for prospects. It scares me this franchise wants to go Minor Leagues with them not producing quality position players. Yankees are in the worst place to be ,Having an old team that cant win. People think im over exaggerating here but the future over the next 3 seasons looks very ,very dark for this franchise.
    The only thing we can hope for is for our pitching to carry us, and figure out a way how to grittily get enough runs across to win some close games and try and sneak into postseason and surprise..

I do think we got enough resources to make this next couple yr dark period to not be as bad as the early 1990's.. Maybe we sneak a wildcard and/or stay in playoff races while building up our farm system...

it's overdue:

let the Captain and Mo leave under their terms then push the TNT plunger down.

time to rebuild, period.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Im not jumping the gun yet. I agree that theyre a bunch of old streaky power hitters with one reliable starting pitcher but theyve won the ws this way before.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

you have my respect man, but this is getting old, pun intended.

looks like Hank wants to run this team in a manner different from his old man (RIP) and I get it, but we have to stay relevant in a AL East that has some uprising threats in Toronto and B-More...I think the Rays are on a slow slide downhill.

We cann probably expect the Jays to come out hot but as usual cool off and fade, but the O's are a very legit threat and who knows what product comes out of Beantown?

Leaving the Yankees as a most likely 2nd place team if not the 1st.

I bet that with Mo leaving, we just might see the Captain do his swan dive too and what better time then to start offloading the bums we acquired, including Girardi (WS27 not overlooked BTW)

Being a non-homer here this is how I see it: 1) O's/ Yanks 2) Yanks/Rays 3) Yanks?/Jays 4) Jays/ Sox 5) Jays/ Sox

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

lol giantyankee