+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NY YANKEES 2013 Season

Can someone explain what the Yankees are trying to accomplish . This team is a complete disaster that has no direction

All-Pro
    Old and banged already.. Sure, why not bring in Vernon lol

Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    Old and banged already.. Sure, why not bring in Vernon lol
    Cant pay the extra 500,000 to keep a competent catcher on the roster but 7 million for Veron Wells is cool

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

I think this yankee teams got enough pitching to compete, and the first way to get outta bad contracts and still be competitive is to have a sweet staff and pen and not sign big money FA's positonal players .. At least were gonna be able to pitch our way to victory while getting outta under some of these dumb contracts...

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    ever the optimist (til we go on the snide)

Call me crazy, because maybe I am, but I don't like Youk on the team. I hate it in fact. Damon was one thing, hell, even the Babe. But this guy?
    F that.

How many different sports do you have to watch to realize that youth has an athletic advantage over the "wily vets?" It sucks to hear but there is validity in the statement.

We should have been going "young" at least 2 or 3 seasons ago. But the pocketbooks stays closed while we eat the BS that is Aroid. It's a mess. I wish we would return to building the Team through a solid Farm System instead of getting re-treads and occasional better than average journeymen.

And yes, like you I rather our Pitching staff in totality be our strength. I love the long ball, but fundamental base-running and small-ball can win games if the Staff and Pen are solid and stable and reliable enough.

Then there's the matter of grooming and replacing the components of the Hot Corner and of course the Captain's position. (SS not the Captaincy that is)
    Sounds to me like u change ur mind about former redsox once they play well for the yanks, as u say u were conviently fine with Damon and Babe.. Lets see if ur still not ok with Youk when he hits 280plus with 20plus hrs, which i think hes poised to do..

*crosses fingers*

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think this yankee teams got enough pitching to compete, and the first way to get outta bad contracts and still be competitive is to have a sweet staff and pen and not sign big money FA's positonal players .. At least were gonna be able to pitch our way to victory while getting outta under some of these dumb contracts...
    Yea i really think everyones over reacting. If we stay above 500 until Grandy and Tex come back well be fine.

what about the walkers and canes in the dugout?

the bengay for crying out loud !

+ Reply to Thread