+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh...Its going to be a fun ride this season with all my Yankee fan friends.
    Its going to be a struggle to be a .500 year for the Yankees. Their offense is really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its going to be a struggle to be a .500 year for the Yankees. Their offense is really bad
    THe offense has been fine, its the pitching thats killed us so far... I mean, were not scoring a ton of runs, but were scoring, and thats with Ichiro and Cano both doing absoulutley nothing to this point.. Were also getting Jeter and Granderson back for sure, and possibly alex and/or Tex down the line.. Youk, Overbay, Hafner, Nunez, Wells, are all doing there jobs on offense.. We got sub par starts from Hughes, Nova, CC(1st game), Kuroda(left via injury), and ridiculous middle relief, or we'd be a game outta 1st right now, as we'd of won at least one more game, which would put us a game behind boston..

Cervelli and Youk are bosses right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    THe offense has been fine, its the pitching thats killed us so far... I mean, were not scoring a ton of runs, but were scoring, and thats with Ichiro and Cano both doing absoulutley nothing to this point.. Were also getting Jeter and Granderson back for sure, and possibly alex and/or Tex down the line.. Youk, Overbay, Hafner, Nunez, Wells, are all doing there jobs on offense.. We got sub par starts from Hughes, Nova, CC(1st game), Kuroda(left via injury), and ridiculous middle relief, or we'd be a game outta 1st right now, as we'd of won at least one more game, which would put us a game behind boston..

Cervelli and Youk are bosses right now!!
    This. Its April 8th people!!

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

Sounds to me like u change ur mind about former redsox once they play well for the yanks, as u say u were conviently fine with Damon and Babe.. Lets see if ur still not ok with Youk when he hits 280plus with 20plus hrs, which i think hes poised to do..
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    ever the optimist (til we go on the snide)

Call me crazy, because maybe I am, but I don't like Youk on the team. I hate it in fact. Damon was one thing, hell, even the Babe. But this guy?
    F that.

How many different sports do you have to watch to realize that youth has an athletic advantage over the "wily vets?" It sucks to hear but there is validity in the statement.

We should have been going "young" at least 2 or 3 seasons ago. But the pocketbooks stays closed while we eat the BS that is Aroid. It's a mess. I wish we would return to building the Team through a solid Farm System instead of getting re-treads and occasional better than average journeymen.

And yes, like you I rather our Pitching staff in totality be our strength. I love the long ball, but fundamental base-running and small-ball can win games if the Staff and Pen are solid and stable and reliable enough.

Then there's the matter of grooming and replacing the components of the Hot Corner and of course the Captain's position. (SS not the Captaincy that is)
    U still not liking Youk on this team? If so, u truly don't like em..lol I personally love the signing and don't care what team he played for, as we get guys in sports from celtics on knicks, from cowboys and eagles on giants and sox on yankees quite often now, so its really no big deal.. Back in the day it used to matter more, now its not such a big deal.. Youk only played on the sox for like 5or6 yrs anyways...

Hafners return to Clevland today.. Should be a welcoming reception for Pronk in his old stomping grounds..

Welp, i told ya Hafner despite the overall results looked strong and healthy and with a quick bat in the spring training.. 3run jack in his first AB back in Clevland!

Welp, i told ya Hafner despite the overall results looked strong and healthy and with a quick bat in the spring training.. 3run jack in his first AB back in Clevland!
    Speaking of 3 run jacks..............
    Get well soon 80.

I like how Hafner looks so far.. He just looks healthy at the plate.. I'm hoping we can get 20plus taters outta him, with a respectable 260plus avg...
    I'm thinking i underestimated how healthy and strong Hafner looked this spring.. I'm gonna raise the stakes and say 270avg and 25hrs!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Speaking of 3 run jacks..............
    Did someone say Jack? Pronk for president!

Did someone say Jack? Pronk for president!
    Another win for God's team!
    Get well soon 80.