+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Toadofsteel Mock 2.0 (post-combine)

Edit: just noticed I posted this in the Draft forum not the mock subforum, could someone please move this?

This mock is assuming that we can keep Beatty (being a little hopeful that the rumors going about are good ones), as well as tender our RFA (Cruz, both Browns)

Updated to version 2.1: 1st and 2nd round picks changed.

1st: DJ Fluker, RT, 'bama
    We need a solid RT and Fluker still falls square in that range. No way Johnson will be available after the combine he's had (he's a LT anyway).

2nd: Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU.
    I still like what I saw in Minter. Yes he posted about the same dismal 40 time as Te'o, but he doesn't have any of the character issues that plague other ILB prospects in our pick range like Te'o or Ogletree. The fact that JR rolled with Chase Blackburn shows that he'd rather have a solid presence at the position over a pure athlete that may have some off-field issues.

3rd: Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
    This guy is a good run-stuffer and is also on record stating that he loves the Giants (which one would hope would translate into a better work ethic playing for the team he's been a fan of for a long time). A bit raw, and not as good in pass situations, but it's more the run we need to worry about on our interior DL. Not to mention we usually slip in a DE into the DT position anyway when it's obvious passing situations. Could easily rotate in 2nd DT position with Kuhn by the end of the season.

4th: D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers
    This pick remains the same from my original mock. He's listed as being similar to Bennett, and as such should be able to handle our system quite easily, especially if we have to let Bennett himself go.

5th: Sheldon Price, CB, UCLA
    Also remains the same as my first mock.

6th: Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky
    Basically Barden's replacement. 6'7", not much else to go on, will likely be a backup receiver his entire career.

7th: Eric Herman, OG, Ohio
    A developmental pick to be sure. Played in a D2 school, but played fairly well considering that fact. Did an amazing 36 reps on bench press at the combine. Honestly though this guy could also be gone well before the 7th round, so i'm not entirely sure about this pick.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-27-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Te'o has ZERO character issues...

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Te'o has ZERO character issues...
    If that actually was the case, then it would show in the interviews and he will be gone well before 19 anyway, so I'd still take Minter...

not a fan of this mock..

I will kick a hole in my tv set if our draft goes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I will kick a hole in my tv set if our draft goes like this.
    hahahaha...

i'm not a fan of this one either.

i do agree with you toad on the fact that Manti Teo' does have personal issues. The whole gf thing is still fishy to me, and i think we havent seen the last of it yet.

I could re-do the entire mock to make Rhodes (the current flavor of the month around here) or Ansah (last month's flavor of the month) the 1st rounder, but I honestly don't see either of them being there at 19...

You think Minter is a mid 1st round value? One thing that Giants 1st rounders lately have is great athleticism in some degree and I'm not sure Minter fits that bill in any way. Think there are linebackers later on with better range and value for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You think Minter is a mid 1st round value? One thing that Giants 1st rounders lately have is great athleticism in some degree and I'm not sure Minter fits that bill in any way. Think there are linebackers later on with better range and value for this team.
    I originally had him going in round 2 (johnson in round 1, which now is definitely NOT going to happen), and if he survived to our 2nd round pick, I would be happy to take him there.

Then all the folks on here go "OMG HES NOT GOING TO BE THERE AT #49 YOUR DRAFT IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Maybe I could put Te'o in at 19, but ONLY IF I had some assurance that this whole fake girlfriend thing isn't going to cause locker room cancer...

As for Ogletree, I wouldn't take that ******* as a UDFA...

Would Fluker, Minter, Logan be a good first three rounds?

Alright I'm updating to 2.1... Since the consensus here is that Minter is definitely NOT a first round pick, I'm dropping him back to the second. I don't want to hear any complaints that he's not going to be there at 49. We still need an ILB and Ogletree is NOT the answer. He will only completely destabalize our locker room...

We still need a beefy OT especially for the right side, so I'm putting Fluker in there.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.