+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are there teams we could trade out of the first round with?

I'm really getting the feeling that there's nothing really good that the Giants team needs that really works at #19. Ansah, Johnson, Rhodes, and Richardson will likely be gone (though I would snag any of those in a heartbeat if one of them happened to fall), Fluker and Minter are reaches in the first, I can't really see us taking Eifert in the first even if Bennett walks (JR would give his "JPP of Tight Ends" a chance to shine before taking a TE in round 1), Te'o is a mess mentally and Ogletree is a flat out cancer that we shouldn't even be THINKING of signing. #19 is just really an awkward position for us. Could we maybe find one of the first 6-7 teams to pick and trade our #19 pick for their 2nd (#33-40) and 4th? (or whatever equivalent value the #19 pick brings)
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Three teams have 2 2nd round picks.

Going by the old trade chart, giants pick at 19 is worth 875 points.

49ers pick at 33 is worth 580, and their pick at 63 is worth 276. Total of 856

But would there be anyone they would trade up to 19 for? Maybe Rhodes?

Would love that trade for the giants.

Cincy is another one - they have pick 37 (value 530) and pick 53 (value 370) total of 900.
    Perhaps they would like to add a DT, or an OL?

And lastly miami

Have picks 44 (value 460) and pick 54 (value 360), total of 820.

Miami certainly would be interested in acquiring a WR, they need an OT if they dont resign Long and dont replace him in FA, and they need corners too

Eifert is a good pick square in the middle at #19. Miami (and to a lesser extent Cincy) could use a TE...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eifert is a good pick square in the middle at #19. Miami (and to a lesser extent Cincy) could use a TE...
    cincy has jermaine gresham who is young and coming off a pro bowl season.

Maybe we can try to shop it to the Jets and make them bite on Ogletree. He'd fit right in at that mess of a franchise...

they also have orson charles

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Maybe we can try to shop it to the Jets and make them bite on Ogletree. He'd fit right in at that mess of a franchise...
    Jets dont have much to offer the giants if they want to move up. Would have to give their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get back to 19.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Jets dont have much to offer the giants if they want to move up. Would have to give their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get back to 19.
    I wasn't serious about that, I was just indicating how much I hate all the Ogletree talk around here...

Going to guess that lots of teams are going to want to trade back in this draft. Might not get as much as you would expect as a result.

I think the best chance is Miami. They have 2 seconds and 2 thirds. Maybe the move up for a receiver if they dont get one in FA.