+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Is there a good 2nd or 3rd round RT I should know about? I'm more than willing to change this up again, especially now that we know that Beatty really is locked up for the long haul...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Is there a good 2nd or 3rd round RT I should know about? I'm more than willing to change this up again, especially now that we know that Beatty really is locked up for the long haul...
    I think there is an inherent mistake in looking for a RT. Should be looking for a LT. Pass blocking > Run blocking when you have a top QB.

But there are lots of 2nd/3rd round guys. Melenik Watson, Kyle Long, Dallas Thomas, Terron Armstead.

And 4/5th round you have guys like Brennan Williams and Xavier Nixon

Hmm... Terron Armstead would be a nice pick if we can get him, plus JR loves his athletes... would he be more likely a 2nd or 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Hmm... Terron Armstead would be a nice pick if we can get him, plus JR loves his athletes... would he be more likely a 2nd or 3rd?
    Probably 2nd after his combine performance. I think Armstead holds more value to a zone blocking team too...

that number 1 pick could be jonathan banks. he would be nice along side prince with hosely in the slot.

Alright I'm updating to 2.1... Since the consensus here is that Minter is definitely NOT a first round pick, I'm dropping him back to the second. I don't want to hear any complaints that he's not going to be there at 49. We still need an ILB and Ogletree is NOT the answer. He will only completely destabalize our locker room...

We still need a beefy OT especially for the right side, so I'm putting Fluker in there.
    Don't change your mock to please other ppl. When doing your mock just pick who YOU want with players YOU think will be there. Just cause someone doesn't think a player will be there were you slotted him means jack. It's your evaluation not theirs.

Don't like it, we have issues at CB that a 1st rounder would help with, DE depth and DT Depth. Not sure I like your ILB though if we picked someone the second round would be nice. I'd try and find some raw talent at the lower levels. (Sorry)

Not a fan of the 1st pick. And I would personally take LB Khaseem Greene with 2nd pick over Minter.

Veteran
    Id be pretty pissed off if this is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Not a fan of the 1st pick. And I would personally take LB Khaseem Greene with 2nd pick over Minter.

Greene is really a Will only... and I believe the giants want J Will as a starter there. Minter at least is an inside backer.

But I dont particularly like Minter.... Or Greene for that matter